Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Congratulations on joining the Tesla Family Email Received

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably not. Lot's of people are getting that email. I think they're just trying to cut down on the amount of time people spend in there when picking up the car. The backorders arrive in batches, so the store is a madhouse on delivery days; The quicker people can get in the car and out, the smoother it goes.

Reactions: Daniel_6
Probably not. Lot's of people are getting that email. I think they're just trying to cut down on the amount of time people spend in there when picking up the car. The backorders arrive in batches, so the store is a madhouse on delivery days; The quicker people can get in the car and out, the smoother it goes.
Yes, likely true. Tesla probably wants to make sure that we don’t total our Model 3’s on the drive home. Many of us have long drives, haven't driven a Model 3 much, and will be jazzed about driving out new cars home.

i know I am a little bit worried about hitting a tree while I fumble around and try to change the heat - or something like that.

Then again, I’ve yet to receive an invitation. I get the impression that Bay Area orders will be fulfilled last - regardless of order date anyway.

Hi all:

I got this email from Tesla delivery in Costa Mesa this morning. It's an invitation to Owner orientation seminar.

Does it mean I will get my car soon?

Thanks
I got the call yesterday & an email today for the invite. I'll be attending tomorrow & I'll be making a list of questions tonight! Who else is going? Perhaps we can meet & chat about our long wait frustrations LOL.

Went to the orientation and left. It was a waste of time. Won't get any cars until the last 2 weeks of December.

That stinks. That’s why I passed on it. I felt like I was just going to leave more anxious for my car.

At the end of the day I guess I only have myself to blame. Buena Park has been very honest that there was virtually no chance of seeing a car before December. I was just hoping something would give!

Sorry to hear that. Since people have talked about 2020 inventories in Tezz.la. I thought your event could confirm North america production. Now we are back to same frustration : (

He’s referring to California deliveries. And the people giving those presentations are trained to never overpromise.

There is absolutely no doubt that they are now manufacturing cars for North America.

Reactions: Duke9th
Went to the orientation and left. It was a waste of time. Won't get any cars until the last 2 weeks of December.

The last 2 weeks in December is insane! You ordered 10/9, right? What, so Tesla can get every possible car on a ship to Norway? Yes, it seems that some cars have been marked for US delivery, but clearly Tesla thinks we can wait weeks, months - only to find ourselves rushing at the end of December for a car.

California has been ordering more Teslas than any single location on the map - yet we get pushed to the end of the line?

I kind of thought that these “orientations” were “teasers” to keep us focusing on getting a car. Obviously they are not helping at all.

Ya l was there too it was a waste of time. It was very informal & some reps didn’t know much about the model 3 lol. Ya the intro put the guy pretty much crush a lot of people’s hope when he said the last 2 weeks of Dec. I went up to him and told him I ordered mine Oct. 1st and he said well you could be sometime this month. I tell you what as soon as I pick up my M3, I’m just gonna tell them I know everything and just give me my car!