Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity issues with full LTE connection?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, I often find that my car refuses to connect to Spotify or the voice control doesn't work, though the other evening I had a new message about voice control not working, as well as Spotify not working, despite my car also showing a full LTE signal.

See the screenshot below. I Googled "Tesla Microphone Currently Unavailable" but couldn't find anything.

Has anybody else had this? It did it both on the way to and on the way back from a local take away place. I've not used the car since, so I'm not sure if it's still doing it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200409_220604.jpg
    IMG_20200409_220604.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 96
Not only that but your map and car status are on the wrong sides of your screen!!! JK.
So does this conform to your standards?

MicrophoneCurrentlyUnavailable.jpg

I got this message just after my HW3 upgrade last month. Everything else seemed to be working as normal. I tried rebooting the car (not a full power down; just the 2-finger salute) and the problem persisted. The car was on 2020.12.11.1 at the time. I was going to wait getting it looked at until I brought the car into the service center for the two year checkup next month, but today when I rebooted because of the 2020.16.2.1 update, I accidentally triggered just the right scroll button and received the voice command prompt. The car detected my voice and was able to execute a couple of commands.

Any update on this? I'm on HW2.5 and this started with the last update, don't remember the number and also with 2020.20.12. Both times I was able to fix it with a soft reboot. In both cases I was trying to answer an incoming call and as soon as I did the audio would cut out and I would have to hang up. When I tried calling back I then would get the "microphone currently unavailable" message and only could get it working again with a reboot. Never had the issue until the two most recent updates.