Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consequences for blocking EV chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's really unfortunate this happens at a supercharger but it looks like Tesla had to use the least restrictive signage to make the deal. Where I live in the summer I only use non-Tesla chargers and find that some of them look like they are on private property but they are not. Hello, officer?

There have always been drivers who park and ignore all signs regarding whether it's appropriate to park there, regardless of ICE or EV. Blocking a handicap space can cost the driver big money, but they do it anyway. Parking right under a "No Parking" sign can cost them big money, but they do it anyway. Parking in an EV spot without charging costs them nothing more than a little side-eye, so why are we surprised when they do that? ;)

Reactions: jsmay311
I arrived at the Santa Ysabel supercharger expecting to find 2 empty spots, but there was actually a line of 3 Teslas waiting to charge. Those 2 spots were occupied by abandoned ICE vehicles. Unfortunately all of us Tesla owners have no power to prevent this situation.
The county sheriff and highway patrol both told me they have no jurisdiction over parking issues on private property. The local tow truck dispatcher said they can’t help unless they get a call from the property owner. The charger was in the parking lot of Farmhouse Restaurant, so I spoke with their manager, who said she doesn’t want to “waste her time” helping with this.

I think this is a systemic problem, where non-EV drivers can intentionally block spots either for convenience or for spite, knowing there won’t be any consequences.

One solution could be for Tesla to contract with a local tow truck company at each location, posting their phone number nearby. That way the restaurant management does not need to get involved. Anyone else have a better idea?
Same here also. These are not Tesla repair techs nor Tesla affiliated people. Just ignorant to park this way I’m sure of you do tell them anything their high lefel
Education tells them best way to settle this is fight and curse and yell as obligated they feel they are . They seem to be xo structuring workers which should not be taking ev spots and having actual ev drivers wait for free spots.

Attachments

• EEF4B437-11ED-4F2A-B596-E2272B9D08D1.jpeg
    EEF4B437-11ED-4F2A-B596-E2272B9D08D1.jpeg
    325.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 4EBEA4F3-09CE-473A-8BAF-6ECDF102B1D5.jpeg
    4EBEA4F3-09CE-473A-8BAF-6ECDF102B1D5.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 1
  • B6C18FA5-D21D-4AC3-8627-EDAE08DB07A0.jpeg
    B6C18FA5-D21D-4AC3-8627-EDAE08DB07A0.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 0CB78F76-CE1D-4EB5-903C-367895D3A445.jpeg
    0CB78F76-CE1D-4EB5-903C-367895D3A445.jpeg
    318.4 KB · Views: 1
A start would be to report them to the company they work for. I am sure no company wants bad PR in any way.
I agree with this. I posted a video of a truck driver nailing power lines and the idiot and left without reporting it. Not only did I reported it to PD(live power lines downed) but I posed video of it on social media and tagged the trucking company. I got a response quickly. I think they made the trucker return too because he later returned to talk with PD.

Reactions: Mike1080i and KJD