Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering 245/40/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello to all, I am looking for new summer tires for my model Y Performance. I wanted to know if any one runs these tire size on their model Y!

I really liked the michelin pilot sport 4s on my older cars. They make them only in 245/40/19 for my 19 inch wheels. Will this cause issues with the AWD system?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for your replies, I understand they are out of spec and smaller but I really like the 4s Michelins, would the smaller diameter size that’s approx 4% smaller cause an issue with the awd or traction? I see many posts for bigger diameter tires with no issues, I was wondering if the smaller diameter would cause issues.

It would lower your car reducing ground clearance. If you must have PS4S then get the 265 or 275 40 19. Both will fit. 275 is about the max front fitment without camber arms.
Smaller tires lower your gear ratio and make the car slower above 50mph too

Thank you for your replies, I understand they are out of spec and smaller but I really like the 4s Michelins, would the smaller diameter size that’s approx 4% smaller cause an issue with the awd or traction? I see many posts for bigger diameter tires with no issues, I was wondering if the smaller diameter would cause issues.
They are 98 load rated in XL.
Tesla Model Y 19” tires are 104 rated in XL.

Going with a bigger tire (also XL) gives you more load capacity.

Also, if these are stock 19” Model Y wheels, they are 9.5” wide. 245 tires are too narrow for that.

Hello to all, I am looking for new summer tires for my model Y Performance. I wanted to know if any one runs these tire size on their model Y!

I really liked the michelin pilot sport 4s on my older cars. They make them only in 245/40/19 for my 19 inch wheels. Will this cause issues with the AWD system?

Thanks in advance!
TireRack has 255/45/19 size for these tires... https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...9PSAS4XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Last edited: