Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering buying older Model S (pre face lift/first gen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MagnusAG99,

what is the difference between the new and the older autopilot?

AP1.0 software is 99.5% finished. There is no improvement expected anymore. Only minor cosmetic changes could happen in the future. Also, you can't add Fully Self Driving on top of AP1.0. However, AP2.0 and AP2.5 still improve with each software update. In addition, these cars have the hardware to eventually support Fully Self Driving. What this means is, you can add that option for $4,000 extra once it is released, assuming you have already purchased the $5,000 Enhanced Autopilot option.

and is the new model 3 not gonna have the numbers and letters anymore? like "P100D
There is no official abbreviation. See the window sticker here. Unofficially, many people use Model 3 LRD.

I cant even see the features of the model 3 on tesla.com
On youtube search for Model 3 configurator and pick the newer videos because it changed in Dec or Jan.

• Disagree
Reactions: dhanson865
@MagnusAG99,

AP1.0 software is 99.5% finished. There is no improvement expected anymore. Only minor cosmetic changes could happen in the future. Also, you can't add Fully Self Driving on top of AP1.0. However, AP2.0 and AP2.5 still improve with each software update. In addition, these cars have the hardware to eventually support Fully Self Driving. What this means is, you can add that option for $4,000 extra once it is released, assuming you have already purchased the $5,000 Enhanced Autopilot option.

There is no official abbreviation. See the window sticker here. Unofficially, many people use Model 3 LRD.

On youtube search for Model 3 configurator and pick the newer videos because it changed in Dec or Jan.

Ohh... really? so what is the 1.0 even capable of then? I know the 2.0 and 2.5 can change lanes and drive at the highway and keep lanes and all that. But exactly what is the 1.0 capable of?
i just looked at the Model 3, for 5k u get the enhanced autopilot and for 3k more u will get the fully autonomous version (even tho thats not guaranteed cause of the different countries laws i see it says)
looks like the first versions r gonna be quite expensive lol. since there is a few options u have to choose to get it this early. But when the 35k one drops i got a feeling it will be quick sells for Tesla. LRD seems to be just the first "edition" version i guess, like the new Nissan Leaf is called "first edition" now.
Im really wondering if we should think more about waiting for the model 3 and see the exact price of it in Norway (since in Norway we got ridiculous taxes u never know). But if it is the same price as in US then i would recomend my dad to get the model 3 with enhanced autopilot. It just seems like u get more for the money of a new model 3 then a older model S.