Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering Upgrading my 2018 LR AWD - Would you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to all for the comments - much appreciated. You've given me a strong argument for "standing pat". I'm still working on it.

By the way I'm in Raleigh, NC and the local store has SEVERAL Stealth Performance cars. If you're interested in one I suggest you contact them and see what you can arrange. As of today they had a few White, several Blue and Gray. Most had the 19" wheels. I was quoted just over $55K out the door for a White Stealth, including 19" wheels and all NC taxes/fees (3% sales tax, dealer prep/delivery, NC registration). Compared to the M3 AWD the upcharge for the Stealth is very reasonable - $2K with 18" wheels (not sure if they have any left), about $3K with the 19" wheels (I have them on the LR and think they are well worth the extra cost - Edmunds did a review and found that they add a LOT of extra performance - a great match for the higher power electric motors of the Stealth).

These cars DON'T show up on an inventory search. CALL for more info:

Raleigh Tesla
8831 Westgate Park Drive Suite 102 Raleigh, NC 27617
Store
(919) 784-0493

Store Hours
Monday - Saturday 10:00am - 7:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm - 6:00pm

Feel free to PM me. Happy to help if I can.
I would definitely wait to see what the new update on the s looks like. 6-9 months won’t kill you to keep driving it and honesty the P isn’t worth it, unless your tracking the car it’s way too much money to trade it in and loose taxes etc etc. Your car is worth 40k + at wholesale auction FYI.

Might be cheaper to buy seals to for your doors. If thats the only thing that bothers you is sound. Model S with its air suspension will ride much smoother any day compared to Model 3. Since Plain version is due sometime next year, maybe it will push down prices of current Model S.