Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Constant chime bug solved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI, after downloading the latest Tesla software update, the music one numbered 2021.32.21, I started getting seemingly random chimes as I drove. Rebooting the car, powering down, turning the music software off, etc. didn't help. It turned out the update had somehow started (a bug!) the "chime when going over the speed limit" option on the autopilot menu. What? Me speed? Anyway, mystery solved, turned it back off and the chime disappeared. Apparently this has happened to other Tesla owners after various updates over several years, so just a heads up if it ever happens to you. And thanks to the various Tesla forums for mentioning this problem and its solution.

Just FYI, after downloading the latest Tesla software update, the music one numbered 2021.32.21, I started getting seemingly random chimes as I drove. Rebooting the car, powering down, turning the music software off, etc. didn't help. It turned out the update had somehow started (a bug!) the "chime when going over the speed limit" option on the autopilot menu. What? Me speed? Anyway, mystery solved, turned it back off and the chime disappeared. Apparently this has happened to other Tesla owners after various updates over several years, so just a heads up if it ever happens to you. And thanks to the various Tesla forums for mentioning this problem and its solution.
If you turn on Joe mode the audio level of the various chimes, bells and other audible warnings is reduced.

Reactions: andaconda