Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consumer Reports - Best and Worst Car Acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's up with this CR list? Not only do they not include S100D at all, or a P version, but the times listed for the Tesla models that they do include are not current/correct times. It's like they're intentionally pushing Teslas down the list.

Reactions: FlatSix911
“Here are the quickest and the most, well, leisurely vehicles we've tested.”

It’s confusing that this is confusing to people.

Most people don't catch the "we've tested" at the end of the paragraph - they read the headline "Best and Worst Car Acceleration" and then jump to the list. The reactions on other sites prove this to be true. People think it's a legitimate study but it's not, at all. I can tell you must be super smart by the tone of your comment but we mere mortals are quickly led astray by misleading pieces such as this.

The article should be entitled "Best and Worst Car Acceleration of Some Cars We Have but Not All the Cars and Not Even the Cars that are Fast, Except for this Porsche"

Last edited:
Reactions: DirtyT3sla
Most people don't catch the "we've tested" at the end of the paragraph - they read the headline "Best and Worst Car Acceleration" and then jump to the list. The reactions on other sites prove this to be true. People think it's a legitimate study but it's not, at all. I can tell you must be super smart by the tone of your comment but we mere mortals are quickly led astray by misleading pieces such as this.

It’s literally in the title of the article. I’m definitely super smart but I don’t think that’s a required trait here. Reading for comprehension is not just for the elites.

A17FC3C1-D039-4B62-A168-DCFBD28E0123.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
It’s literally in the title of the article. I’m definitely super smart but I don’t think that’s a required trait here. Reading for comprehension is not just for the elites.

View attachment 418672

To be blunt -- that's just completely idiotic.

What if they'd only tested Hyundai's, Camrys and Accords?

They might as well have, when the Porsche 911S -- the fastest car tested -- gets crushed by a much less expensive Model 3P and completely destroyed by a P100D, which is less expensive than the 911S they tested.

They are misleading consumers. Not informing them.

Anyone with the slightest bit of contextual awareness about CR knows this isn’t that far from the truth.

I didn’t see a Pagani Huayra on their list either. Nor did I expect to, because it’s Consumer Reports.

That’s a bit ridiculous. 3P and P100D crush the 911S and are not exactly obscure like a Pagani. In fact they are far more practical as everyday drivers than a 911.

Model 3P: base price $59,900. 0-60 3.2a
Model S P100D: base price of $96000. 0-60 3.0s
Model S P100D Ludicrous: base price of $116000. 0-60 2.4s
Porsche 911S. Base price $113300. 0-60 only 4.1s (not in the same league).

Last edited:

View attachment 418672

Reading comprehension includes reading comprehension of back issues of CR.

CR at first loved Teslas. And after making a few anti-Tesla hires recently, they have now commenced jihad against Tesla.

D87y-kYXsAA2eL5.png

upload_2019-6-13_22-4-59.png