Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contact for following up on Tesla Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Around two years ago, I placed a Tesla order, but they had no installers in my area at that time (Central Kentucky).

A local installer, who is impossible to get ahold of, claims that they install Tesla and are Tesla Certified. Is there a way for me to contact Tesla directly about my old order, or a way to see if they have installers in my area yet?

Thank you,
Doug

Easiest way is to use tesla.com/solar and input your address. It will tell you if there are Tesla installers, contract installers or no installers. That's for purchasing through Tesla directly though, it will not show local installers who have chosen not to partner with Tesla install but sell Tesla.

Thanks, Matt.

I filled out another request and this time it had less solar output 12 vs. 15kWh and recommends 3 PW vs. 1 PW. I think I'd prefer 20+kWh solar (since we have net metering) and 1 PW, if any.

Anyway, the website said I'd be contacted by the installer that I mentioned was hard to get responses from. I've talked with the VP, but he's on vacation. The lady who was supposed to follow up with me (I don't have her contact info) has not. Oh well, I'll give them until next week and follow up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt-FL
I got a response from the local Tesla installer (probably more apt to call them a distributor, which I'm fine with). The quote was eye watering.

15.3kWh (QCell panels) and one PW3 for $61k (before federal rebate). I wouldn't call my response a counter offer, but I did itemize out a list of what my target pricing was for the project ($46.5k, before rebate) and will see what they respond with. I expect this may turn into a DIY project, so I've asked for any opportunity to help reduce the cost.

If anyone is savvy on this stuff, let me know if I'm out of line. Note that I broke out the PW and install of the PW, but it still totals $11,500.

I just took a wild guess on the mounts, wiring, paperwork portion, based off cost for complete install kits.

Am I correct that the Tesla Gateway w/ PW3 functions as both the PV inverter and the grid connection? No grid tie inverter required?

Screenshot 2024-06-03 124528.jpg