Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Contact information and introductions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yikes!! Totally forgot about the separate group feature. I thought I had subscribed so it would give me alerts but I guess I did not. Just fixed that...

Anyway, I'm Stephen McCurry and I have been in retail my whole career. Many high-end brands, with the first one being Hermes, then Fendi, Bally, a brief stint selling BMW's and now back to retail at Rimowa which is a German luggage company (average price is about $700 in case you're wondering).
I wasn't a die hard EV guy before but I am now. Elon's magic plan worked on me. I was just shopping for my next car as the lease on my BMW was just about up, and when researching through the car mags came across an article about the S though I can't remember if it was Road & Track or Motor Trend. I was leaning towards M3 at the time but quickly switched after a little research on Tesla. This is why I'm boycotting Car and Driver. It's clear to me they are purposely not talking about or featuring the Model S in any of their articles (though there was one delightful video from Csaba Csere who is now retired).
I live in Hawaii Kai just a bit past the skate park on Lunalilo Home Road (7251 Kuahono Street) so if you find yourself in need of a charge and someone is home, feel free to stop by. I've since installed PV panels so the energy is cheap :smile:

Cell number 808-220-5073
e-mail: [email protected]

Really great meeting most of you at the past meets and looking forward to meeting all of the new or potential owners too.

Agreed Stephen about Car and Driver which makes me sad since I've been a fan for my entire life. I've reluctantly discontinued my subscription and moved over to Motor Trend which seems much more Tesla / EV friendly.

Masaki

I also hope they find this thread and introduce themselves. We still have the bragging space thread, and its not been updated in a while. I am a litle concerned that the new owners don't find this thread because it so deep in the forum.

Welcome to our newest club member, Paul S. of Ewa Beach! Paul, this is a members-only area where it is safe to share contact information and personal anecdotes. Generally, anything you want to share with club members, but now the entire world wide web. Welcome!

Mahalo for the welcome. My name is Paul Simonsen. I grew up all over Oahu, graduated from MidPac but left to do a career in the Federal Government, retired in 2011. My wife Lani and I have a place in Ewa by Gentry. We have two children so will be spending a lot of time commuting into town for school. Lani has been itching to go EV since she first saw a Tesla. So we decided now was the time. We will be down sizing from 2 ICE gas burners (BMW 3 and Audi Allroad), but think it will be worth it. We are looking forwards to the first meet up. Email [email protected]

Mahalo, Paul and it's nice to have you in our Tesla family. You will not regret your decision to get a Tesla one bit. Get ready to have a permanent grin on your face like Akikiki (and the rest of us). Actually, Akikiki has a hard time fitting in Tessie Too because his grin fills the interior cabin. :biggrin: He also has the only MS that clucks. (Brows through old threads on the public side and you'll see posts and pics of this). haha Looking forward to meeting you and the ohana.

Welcome to our newest member, hikino1487! Feel free to browse the private forum and this thread in particular this thread to get to know some of us. If you feel inclined, please introduce yourself. I hope you can join us at an upcoming event later this month or next! Hikino1487 has the rare and elusive 40 kWh model--I swear those models will be collectables! If you even end up on the windward side and need a charge to get home, call me--info earlier in the thread.

Aloha all you crazies!

I've been following this forum for awhile and finally got around to posting my info with a little prodding from Akikiki, who posts on registering the car was extremely helpful in the beginning. My cell is 808-375-6065 and my email is [email protected]

I've had my Pearl White Model S 60 for a year now. Still pinching myself that I'm lucky enough to drive this futuristic car powered by the sun. I owned a Prius and Leaf before this. Always loved cars, owned several performance cars including a Datsun 240Z, Porsche 911SC, Porsche Turbo, Acura NSX and used to race a Formula Ford here and on the mainland.

Actually Spleen was instrumental in my getting a Model S. I drove his parent's car and was sold.

I live in Waiale Iki, used to be a urologist but retired many years ago. Currently spending a lot to time traveling, playing golf and tending to small startup.

Tom Ito

Aloha Matt, everyone,

I'm Noel Morin. My wife (Stephanie) and I purchased a demo Model S from Susan after the test drive event at the Mauna Lani a few months ago. We love the Model S! It was a spurge but it was an easy sell given the space, power, conveniences, and the technology.

We moved to Hilo back in 2004 from the Bay Area. I work for eBay's Global Customer Experience technology group. Stephanie manages commercial and residential properties here and on the mainland. We're early adopters (we have a 2011 Nissan LEAF) and support sustainable practices (we also power our vehicles and home via PV).

Our S ('Ruketta') is the grey P85+. I've installed the all weather floor mats, wet okoles (we have a 6y/o), rim blades, and got a CQuartz Ultimate paint treatment done by Car Care Hawaii.

Lastly, we're part of the Big Island EV Association - a community of EV owners and enthusiasts dedicated to increasing public awareness of the benefits of sustainable transportation AND addressing charging infrastructure challenges on the island.

Noel and Stephanie