Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Contact information and introductions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aloha, all! My name is Chaz and I was born and raised in the Salt Lake/Moanalua area. Work has taken me to Colorado where life is obviously very different from island life, but I love it. Most of my family is still in Hawai'i and I love getting back there when I can, but it is getting harder and harder (read that as more and more expensive!) to take my wife and three kids there. As a soon-to-be Tesla owner, I was hoping to keep a little Tesla 'ohana going on from the mainland. Just think of me as that crazy uncle that moved to Vegas (I know at least one of you knows what I'm talking about!)

• Informative
Reactions: Akikiki
Welcome Chaz! Yes, most of us have some mainland ties :)
Am I reading this right? You ordered in March, Confirmed this month, and delivery isn't expected until Q4?! I thought they got the wait times dropped!

Welcome Chaz! Yes, most of us have some mainland ties :)
Am I reading this right? You ordered in March, Confirmed this month, and delivery isn't expected until Q4?! I thought they got the wait times dropped!
It was done on purpose. I could have taken delivery in May, but with all the "potential" changes to the Model S, I figured I would wait until the end of the year. Any non-optioned changes will be included at no additional charge unless, of course, I add something that isn't a baseline option, then I have to pay the change order fee PLUS the price increase. At least I locked in my price (although the increase wasn't that significant) and I will have the best birthday gift ever!

Hello all. My name is Lex. I will be moving back to Oahu this summer (still trying to look down a house) bringing with me my wife, daughter, dog, and our Kid's Car (Model X pearl white P90D). I am very thrilled to read all the posts of everyone sharing their information and offering to allow people to charge if running low. I hope that I will be able to do the same. Will share more of my contact info (when known) but for now email is [email protected] and cell 808-754-8633

Reactions: Akikiki and Chaz
Hi everyone!

I've read lots and lots of stuff about the Tesla S for years and finally got one of the Hawaii inventory cars on Mar 25, 2016. I've been anxiously waiting for my license plates (told registration is done by a contractor now in about two weeks). My EV plates "6878" finally arrived via FedEx today - from Fremont, CA! At least I know why it took so long to get them now.

Really love driving the car and look forward to reading and sharing more about Tesla on this forum.

Aloha,
Daryl

Reactions: Chaz
Aloha everyone, my name is Jim Owen living on Waialae Nui Ridgeline,
email [email protected]

I got my car on June 7, 2016 and it has the new front end.

Model S P90D
EXTERIOR
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
Body Color Roof Included
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
INTERIOR
Grey Next Generation Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
PERFORMANCE
Ludicrous Speed Upgrade
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
OPTIONS
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting
Smart Air Suspension

Hi All! Although I've been a member for over 2 1/2 years, I just realized that I never actually "introduced myself" to the group. My name is Paul Weis, and I'm an electrical engineer who works for Boeing here on Maui. I used to work in Seattle, and my many Boeing friends there had no idea that Boeing actually had a Maui site (they're all jealous). Regardless, I absolutely LOVE my Model S 85 (classic, no AP) and don't plan on ever owning anything else but a Tesla! I've had to travel extensively over the past year, and driving rental cars just kills me now. More so than even getting to come home to Maui (which is awesome, of course!), the thing I most enjoy about coming home from a trip is getting to drive my Model S once again!

We don't have many active members on Maui, so one of these days I'm hoping to make one of the Oahu meet-ups, so I can meet many of the fine fellow members living there. My contact info is (505) 803-0202, and email is: [email protected]. If you're ever on Maui, feel free to say Hi!

Paul

Reactions: nanimac
Hi All! Although I've been a member for over 2 1/2 years, I just realized that I never actually "introduced myself" to the group. My name is Paul Weis, and I'm an electrical engineer who works for Boeing here on Maui. I used to work in Seattle, and my many Boeing friends there had no idea that Boeing actually had a Maui site (they're all jealous). Regardless, I absolutely LOVE my Model S 85 (classic, no AP) and don't plan on ever owning anything else but a Tesla! I've had to travel extensively over the past year, and driving rental cars just kills me now. More so than even getting to come home to Maui (which is awesome, of course!), the thing I most enjoy about coming home from a trip is getting to drive my Model S once again!

We don't have many active members on Maui, so one of these days I'm hoping to make one of the Oahu meet-ups, so I can meet many of the fine fellow members living there. My contact info is (505) 803-0202, and email is: [email protected]. If you're ever on Maui, feel free to say Hi!

Paul

That would be great to finally meet you! Hopefully, as the number of Teslas grows, there will be more on Maui and someday you'll be able to have your own meetup! I'll actually fly over for that one ...sans car though :(