Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Controversial Opinion?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry you find my detailed explanation of the 2 potential pitfalls with a worked examples as being unsatisfactory and you prefer to just moan about it without adding any colour. I only mention the BMA because they provided exhaustive guidance on the matter which enabled me to make an informed choice.

If any crime was committed it was using Tusker and the sky high prices they charge, that's primarily why I said No to the option.

I’m not sure what’s controversial about what you have summed up.

I’ve never had any interest in leasing for the simple reason you are essentially paying for long term rental car - unlike PCP/HP.

The worst is probably NHS salary sacrifice ‘deals’. If the impact of NHS SS were explained to people properly and the NHS schemes open to the public I suspect it would worthy to be considered as the next ‘miss selling’ scandal.
Well I have seen a very lucrative lease deal for salary sacrifice scheme with 4000 miles pa ;)))))

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
You’ve done ok there mate. Zen just quoted my 40% increase on my 3 year contract for 6000 miles. Contacted them and had words. Gave me some nonsense about internet rates. I can’t believe they want me to pay MORE for an older car! Ha.

I’m leaning towards PCP again now to be fair. Just wondered what others were doing/thinking, so thanks.
Did you put down a deposit when you first got the car? How much has your monthly increased when you work out your total monthly cost of the initial lease?
With regards why lease, for me my last lease was a 60k wrangler for £300 a month on a 3 + 23 and 12000 miles, no pcp would come close. My current MY is through salary sacrifice and again is much cheaper then a pcp (with no effect on my pension). Other reasons for leasing is the way it shows on your credit score, so can have a massive advantage when it comes to getting other credit such as mortgages. It's true to say the days of cheap leases are behind us, so you need to compare all options.

Last edited: