Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coolest Features of the Model Y - Thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is our First Tesla and so far we have been blown away by all the amazing things this Model Y Does.

As we peel back the onion we continually find new an amazing things. Many of you this is your 2nd or 3rd Tesla.

I thought it might be cool to list our favorite features and ask you what yours are with the hopes of finding new and cool things that were not aware of. So please let me know what your favorite features are.

I will start the list (and once done compile it from the responses that we can share with our friends of why a modern Tesla ROCKS...

Here is the beginning of the List.

1. RAW Performance - This thing is super fast and not only 0-60 by 30-100, etc, etc. Power is delivered cleanly with no wait
  2. No Gas - Always have a full tank every morning when I go out to the car to go somewhere.
  3. No Need to stop/start car - Just get in and put it in gear or when you get home put it in P - Automagically
  4. No Locking of the car - It does it automatically when you get near the car and/or when you leave.
  5. Garage Door - opens/Closes Automagically whenever we leave/Get home. (We bought Homelink)
  6. Profiles - Car clearly conforms to my wife and/or myself and almost all of the attributes of the car are kept in each of our profiles.
  7. DOG Mode - We now feel safe taking our dogs with us everywhere :)
  8. Google Maps integration - the ability to on our phone use google maps to find an address and easily throw it to the car and go somewhere.
  9. The FRUNK - more space :)
  10. The amazing Glass Roof
  11. Software updates - it is like a iphone with new features all the time.
  12. The car that can drive itself.
I know there is a lot more- what am I missing

Thanks

COW Bells!
More COW Bells!

Push Right stalk 4X while driving to go AP.
Go ahead, try it...:p

Screenshot_20200603-171836_Video Player.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: rxlawdude
I did not read through the entire list, but a lot of them are not really unique, and can be done in one way or another by the two last vehicles I had. What I would really like is a dedicated control stalk for the wipers like any other car out there. And unlike the Model Y both of these had steering wheel heating :)

Still waiting for my Model Y in spite of that.
Did you ever use the steering wheel heater in San Diego? I'm in Central Florida and I may never find out if the heat seaters work!

So this is our First Tesla and so far we have been blown away by all the amazing things this Model Y Does.

As we peel back the onion we continually find new an amazing things. Many of you this is your 2nd or 3rd Tesla.

I thought it might be cool to list our favorite features and ask you what yours are with the hopes of finding new and cool things that were not aware of. So please let me know what your favorite features are.

I will start the list (and once done compile it from the responses that we can share with our friends of why a modern Tesla ROCKS...

Here is the beginning of the List.

1. RAW Performance - This thing is super fast and not only 0-60 by 30-100, etc, etc. Power is delivered cleanly with no wait
  2. No Gas - Always have a full tank every morning when I go out to the car to go somewhere.
  3. No Need to stop/start car - Just get in and put it in gear or when you get home put it in P - Automagically
  4. No Locking of the car - It does it automatically when you get near the car and/or when you leave.
  5. Garage Door - opens/Closes Automagically whenever we leave/Get home. (We bought Homelink)
  6. Profiles - Car clearly conforms to my wife and/or myself and almost all of the attributes of the car are kept in each of our profiles.
  7. DOG Mode - We now feel safe taking our dogs with us everywhere :)
  8. Google Maps integration - the ability to on our phone use google maps to find an address and easily throw it to the car and go somewhere.
  9. The FRUNK - more space :)
  10. The amazing Glass Roof
  11. Software updates - it is like a iphone with new features all the time.
  12. The car that can drive itself.
I know there is a lot more- what am I missing

Thanks
All this and more!

I am a massive fan of Summon, I use that all the time on my new Y. Never have to worry about hitting the Subaru in my garage again. Just have it back itself out and good to go. Like you I am very impressed and this is our first EV.
Does your Summon sort of lose connection half the time and you need to force kill the app to get it going again? I use it all the time and it's like 50/50 if it will work on first try without me having to keep trying.

• Informative
Reactions: Impaler
Yes, our Summon is also temperamental. When it feels like working (maybe 75% of the time) it's awesome! Then there are times when it just stops at unpredictable places, or refuses to cooperate. Occasionally, it just crashes the app, as you said. I do think that they consider this as a beta feature (probably for legal reasons), but you have to wonder how close we are to Full Self Driving if your car gets stuck in the garage every other day... However, I do love sliding my car into my tight garage as I stand outside, verifying safe clearance. The neighbors get a kick out of it too!

That may be true but page 152 of the Owner's Manual says --
"Turn Climate On: This allows you to precondition the cabin by moving the direction of air flow from the vents, and turning on or off the steering wheel and seat heaters."
Well if we waited long enough (8 months since your list of 90) the car would catch up to the owner's manual...steering wheel heat seems to be available now.

Also, what's #9?