TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Corrupt USBs

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by TezzyMod3, Oct 5, 2019.

1. TezzyMod3

TezzyMod3 Member

Anyone else getting corrupt USBs with Sentry Mode?

I've bricked a 32GB USB.

Get errors trying to format with Mac. Spent 1 hour on web trying to format but it seems impossible.

Any Ideas?

Erasing “USB DISK 3.0 Media” (disk3) and creating “Untitled”

Unmounting disk
    Creating the partition map
    Unable to write to the last block of the device. : (-69760)

2. Roy W.

Roy W. Battery running low...

A
    As a Mac user myself I hate to suggest this, but try formatting it on a Windoze machine. I’ve had success doing that with a drive the Mac wouldn’t format.

3. Mr Miserable

Mr Miserable Active Member

USB needs to be formatted FAT32.
    I use a Windows PC for that.
    If you have a large USB (I think greater than 32Gb (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) it helps if you download some free software to do the formatting. I used EaseUS Partition Master - I'm sure there are others that can perform the task.

4. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

#4 NorfolkMustard, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    On a Mac, the built in DiskUtility is fine for this. Make sure you're formatting the disk, not a volume inside the disk (if you can't see the right options, make sure you have selected View > Show all Devices rather than Show only Volumes

Then

[​IMG]

Which reformats the Disk, and creates a FAT32 volume on it

[​IMG]

Then, in Finder, create a folder on it called "TeslaCam" and shove it into the car's USB port

[​IMG]

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. NewbieT

NewbieT Member

6. TezzyMod3

TezzyMod3 Member

I tried that and it worked first time, then stopped working and now formatting gives error. I’ll try at work tomorrow on a pc

7. arg

arg Supporting Member

Are you sure the drive isn’t a fake? Lots of them around, claim a higher capacity than they really have, work OK initially, then when you try to fill them up they go corrupt.

8. TezzyMod3

TezzyMod3 Member

It’s an old drive I’ve had for 1-2 years. It came in the blister packaging and everything.
    Can’t trust amazon these days though. Lots of fakes and fake reviews.

9. BarryT3

BarryT3 Member

I have only had my model 3 for 6 weeks but came across all these problems so have decided to help people along by selling ready formatted sub sticks for viewing on your android or smart phone. Please go on eBay and search for "tesla dashcam. My adverts have the silver tesla badge.

10. eyeballs

eyeballs New Member

I have 4 usb sticks, 2 32GB and 2 64 Gb that all ended up with the Tesla Cam forlder deleted and a ghosted A folder placed on them. When I use a 500 GB Samsung SSD, the same thing happened. I have not had a good video from the Sentry or DashCam since 2019.40.50.7 was applied. It worked before then.