Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost to add FSD after vehicle purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe it’s the same as the current “purchasing with the car” price, $10k (it used to be lower and Tesla has promised to keep raising the price). The differences mainly being you’re locking in the price before surprise price hikes, and you can include the initial car purchase cost in a lower interest car loan (the extra $10k).

Thanks for the replys. The reason I was asking is I'm in the market, and looking at used. I didn't know how much I would be looking at to upgrade an EAP to FSD.

That isnt what you asked, though.....

You asked "autopilot" to FSD (which is different than "enhanced autopilot" to FSD).

If you are considering a used car, have the owner access the tesla app, go into the upgrade tab, and show you want the cost of that upgrade is in their app. From autopilot, its 10k. From EAP, I believe its either 4k or 5k, but the best way is to have them check in their tesla app, and show it to you.

I saw 'my' car pop up this morning on Tesla-info.com - basically, the same model minus FSD.

Unsure of what the process would be if I were to grab it - can I essentially put the $100 down, add FSD after purchase? Are there any risks here? I would forfeit the $100?

I would imagine this will be gone by the time I get an answer, but just want to make sure before I see one again. My order date and EDD is in my .sig

CleanShot 2021-07-20 at 05.34.55@2x.png

I saw 'my' car pop up this morning on Tesla-info.com - basically, the same model minus FSD.

Unsure of what the process would be if I were to grab it - can I essentially put the $100 down, add FSD after purchase? Are there any risks here? I would forfeit the $100?

I would imagine this will be gone by the time I get an answer, but just want to make sure before I see one again. My order date and EDD is in my .sig

View attachment 686169
Buy then add.

Confirmed it; its in California currently, but the delivery date is now set for August 4th. I suspect I would be waiting longer.