TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cost to add FSD after vehicle purchase?

Discussion in 'Autopilot & Autonomous/FSD' started by popperdopper, Jan 16, 2021.

1. popperdopper

popperdopper Member

I cannot find the answer on the internet. What is the cost to add FSD to a car purchased with only autopilot?

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Active Member

its different, depending on our current setup, AP or EAP (or neither). If you are an owner, you can check on your online account.

3. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums

That will show in your tesla app for the vehicle in question, but if it only has autopilot it would be 10k. Its a bit strange that you wouldnt be able to find it, though since even on this website there are plenty of discussions about it

Blog - Tesla's Full Self-Driving Option Now Costs $10K

4. TresLA

TresLA Member

I believe it’s the same as the current “purchasing with the car” price, $10k (it used to be lower and Tesla has promised to keep raising the price). The differences mainly being you’re locking in the price before surprise price hikes, and you can include the initial car purchase cost in a lower interest car loan (the extra $10k).

5. Hovscorpion1

Hovscorpion1 Member

Go into you app and click on upgrades. From there you should see how much you will pay.

6. popperdopper

popperdopper Member

Thanks for the replys. The reason I was asking is I'm in the market, and looking at used. I didn't know how much I would be looking at to upgrade an EAP to FSD.

7. jjrandorin

That isnt what you asked, though.....

You asked "autopilot" to FSD (which is different than "enhanced autopilot" to FSD).

If you are considering a used car, have the owner access the tesla app, go into the upgrade tab, and show you want the cost of that upgrade is in their app. From autopilot, its 10k. From EAP, I believe its either 4k or 5k, but the best way is to have them check in their tesla app, and show it to you.

8. popperdopper

popperdopper Member

New Tesla, are the options AP and FSD, or EAP and FSD?

9. Big Dog

Big Dog Active Member

^^EAP is no longer an option for New purchases. AP comes standard, i.e., built into the price.

10. jjrandorin

New teslas, the option is "included software" (AutoPilot) or add FSD for 10k more.