Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost To Drive Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The local tire store sells me Contential DWS Extreme contact and they include mounting and balancing. To me they are a much better value. As for the battery pack the jury is still. Hans in Germany got over 150,000 miles from his battery and not sure of he pushed it at the end. So it may last as long as the Prius. And i am hoping the price will be under $20lthe when the time comes.

As for the watts/mile in relatively level roads at 55 i can be under 220 watts/mile. While i had a lot of fun earlier on i now maily drive for range.

Did he go 150K miles or kilometers?

As for the battery pack the jury is still out. Hans in Germany got over 150,000 miles from his battery and not sure if he pushed it at the end to an early demise. So it may last as long as the Prius. And I am hoping the price will be under $20K the when the time comes maybe even $15K.
Don't forget that Hans had his battery replaced under warranty somewhere around 20k miles I think? (can't remember).

As for the watts/mile on relatively level roads at 55 I can be under 220 watts/mile.

Same here in summer and we have hills. And now I do even better with Mich Pilot Super Sports. They roll with less friction than the Yoko's. @Rudolfo how are you driving on flat to use that much energy? That's closer to what I do in the winter at 65mph with heat on.

After all I told my wife I got the Roadster to save money :biggrin:

Did she fall for it??? :wink:

Last edited:
I told a friend of mine that my wife agreed to the car because it saved on gas. His reply was, "uh, yeah, right. did you tell your wife that you need a girlfriend to improve your relationship with her too?"

Whenever I mention anything to do with savings, my wife immediately points out the cost of tires (which really aren't that crazy expensive, but someone at Tesla gave her the retail prices which are pretty steep.)