Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costco Michelin Wiper Blades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all you using a Dremel on the Costco glad, you don't need to. All you do is just take a flathead screwdriver and pop the cover off to make it more narrow. The Tesla requires the narrow push button so easy just to pop it off. It will seem like you breaking it but your not. Once you do it, it slides in and clicks easily. My first set I did not know this and returned. That's why it's flying off all your cars because your using a Dremel or tape.
Are you referring to the flip cover on the Costco wiper blade, to pry it and leave it off completely? Or the cover of the washer spray on the arm? Because the wiper slides and snaps in fine, just the last flip cover can't go on without cutting off the side that wants to go in the slit on the washer spray side. I did remove the flip cover completely, and the wipers have stayed secure, it's just all looks slightly unsightly with the last bit of the wiper arm assembly exposed....

Michelin wiper blades will be on sale at Costco starting on March 10th for $5.99 each. According to the Michelin guide, the Model 3 needs one 28 inch and one 18 inch blade.

Has anyone tried installing these blades? Any issues? Is there any reason to buy the blades from Tesla rather than these generic blades?
They are bad. Very bad. I had tried them in my other cars and never went back

The OEM blades last a really long time as long as you're not using them while there's ice on the windshield. I think they're worth the money.

I have to agree. Pre-Tesla, I always changed my blades at least once every year. However, now I'm still on the originals after 3 1/2 years. It doesn't rain much here in Arizona, but it did just last week, and they still work very well, with no streaking or chattering. BTW, my cars are nearly always garaged, so I'm sure that helps.

Yeah, the costco Michelin blades do fit .. and again to be clear, you have the pry off the adapter that comes preinstalled with a screwdriver , and use the BC adapter as shown in the instructions.you can also use the screw driver to pry off the wider part (C) of the adapter so the remaining piece slides into the arm. You do not have to bend off the little forks at the front of the adapter as some videos show. Becomes pretty obvious once you realize the second adapter is made in two parts and designed to be split to make it narrower …..

The Costco Michelin wiper blades are garbage. I installed a pair on my Model S. They’re loud when driving highway speeds. Less than a year after installing them, one of the arms broke in half and the wiper blade flew off on the highway.

Reactions: rpiotro
The Costco Michelin wiper blades are garbage. I installed a pair on my Model S. They’re loud when driving highway speeds. Less than a year after installing them, one of the arms broke in half and the wiper blade flew off on the highway.
I just don't understand why people would scrimp on wiper blades. The OEM ones go on and off easily, work well and last. I was in the habit of changing blades twice a year with previous cars. With the Tesla only once.