Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coupons, Unlimited Supercharging, and eligibility.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model 3 on July 8, 2018. Delivery estimate is "Sept to Nov".
There is nothing on my order to say "Performance" and I don't remember seeing that as an option when I placed my order.
The LR was the only option, and I selected AWD. I don't see anything on my order email or order page stating whether or not I have unlimited supercharging.

I'm looking to crowdsource some answers to these questions:
Is there a way to find out if I have the unlimited supercharging online?
If not, can I use someone's coupon to get it before I take ownership of my car?
Even though I see nothing about "performance" on my spec?
Is there anyone who would like a coupon for free unlimited supercharging?
(I would love for someone to use my referral because my "gift" for 1 referral is a home wall-charger, and I have not yet purchased one)
Thanks!
Newbie.

Well, they sent me an email saying I had unlimited supercharging personally (Sent on august 6), but it doesn't say it online on my account since my order hasn't been delivered yet. Depending on your order status, some people have a detail page that shows a "Supercharging status" that says Unlimited or pay-per-use. This doesn't always get updated in time though. That page is gone for me however.

If you ordered a Performance Model 3 before August 1st, you get unlimited Supercharging, no questions asked. If you ordered a Performance Model 3 after August 1st, but before September 16th, you need to order using someone else's referral code and you get unlimited supercharging. As for the wall connector, you personally cannot redeem any referral gifts in Virginia. (you can claim the free supercharging credit, yes) You also can't gift a referral credit to someone. So someone would just have to give the gift to you after receiving it.

Both my design details and order summary both say "all wheel drive performance"

There will not be a coupon of any sort, and you don't physically pay either. They just bill you when you charge since they know your car and who owns it. Someone who got billed before who was supposed to get free supercharging contacted Tesla and their response was that it could take up to a month to be credited to their account.

Once you receive your car, it should show unlimited supercharging on your Tesla account page under that car. (At least it does for my Model S) It doesn't show this while your car is still in the order phase though.

Last edited:
Corrected Text: Coupon/Referral
I'm looking to crowdsource some answers to these questions:
Is there a way to find out if I have the unlimited supercharging online?
If not, can I use someone's referral to get it before I take ownership of my car?
Even though I see nothing about "performance" on my spec?
Is there anyone who would like a referral for free unlimited supercharging? ('cause I'm nice ;-) )

Thanks WBHokie for the info. Did not realize I couldn't play the referral game... got a lot to learn about being a Tesla owner and VA resident!

Yeah I referred someone and was going to gift a Tesla radio flyer to my nephew and after 6 months tesla finally told me I couldn't claim it. I also couldn't gift the referral, so it was wasted on me. (I didn't read the fine print, but it is clearly written there)

I guess it is time to get another house in a qualifying state with good tax laws ;) haha

Last edited: