Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Covered storage - premium only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the manual they have published it is only adjustable if you have PUP. (But maybe they will add instructions for non-power adjustments once they actually start making non-PUP cars. Like there are no instructions for adjusting the front seats if you don't have PUP.)
I'm sure you will be able to at least manually adjust the steering wheel height but it might not telescope. And of course there will also be manually adjustable seats if not limited power adjustments.

Reactions: T-Will
I think people will be surprised at how basic a non-PUP car is. For example the steering wheel won't be adjustable, no heated/auto-folding/auto-tilting side view mirrors, no fog lights, no signature lights, no storage pockets on the back of the front seats. It appears the seats might not be power adjustable, no driver profiles, etc...

Of course Tesla isn't making these yet so they can still add/remove anything to/from the non-PUP trim level.
No alcantara headliner....the list goes on and on and on....

As far as I can tell. The manual doesn't cover adjusting the seats for non-PUP cars and Tesla lists "12-way, power adjustable front seats" as part of the PUP package. (Doesn't mean that they can't add 4-way power adjustable front seats to non-PUP cars; we won't really know what non-PUP cars contain until they start making them and demo cars, or the manual, are available.)
Seems like standard should at least have 4- or 6-way power, heated front seats.

I suspect that the center console on the standard model will be the open yacht floor style or similar to it that the early Ss had ( Model S Gloss Piano Black Yacht Floor (2012-2016) - NIB ). Many people loved that style so I could see that being used again. Of course just a guess.

As for the adjustable steering wheel on the PUP, I believe it is or will be with software update when done, tied to your user profile. Tall husband, short wife, nice feature.

Also suspect the front seats of the Model 3 will have heating but not the rear just like the S without the all cabin heating. Pretty hard to imagine the front seats not being heated even in the $35,000 range.