Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

COVID-19 and Racism against China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a video online regarding Russia building COVID-19 hospitals, like China. Seems they are expecting to get hit big time very soon.

They are but they act like it is a non-issue. They have significantly higher pneumonia cases but they are not classified as Covid-19 so I suspect number manipulation. So many in in Moscow rely on the massive subway system which is very dense with 7 million daily riders. I hope the cases there do not reflect suppression as it would be catastrophic. This is one thing Putin will have a difficult time hiding for long, many there do not believe there was any radiation related death from the last incident.

The 4 week testing delay will allow the USA to be #1 in cases in about T minus 3 days. #1 again, soon.

Cases per country yes. Cases per Capita we will probably be #1 or close to it in a week or two

File:COVID-19 Outbreak World Map per Capita.svg - Wikipedia

But what is most important is Deaths per Capita, which so far US is not near #1 and hopefully never will be.

Partly because States ignored Trump (that it's just a bad Flu talk) and got to work, we probably won't know how bad it really is for 3 weeks.

Really nice site giving a good picture.

Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) – the data

It should Peak (DEATH RATE) probably around Easter time. Right when our fearless leader wants us all back to work.

If we are lucky it will peak in 2 weeks. Exponential curves take time to turn.

Korea and China whipped our ass on this. Thanks to you know who.

Does anyone actually listen to a Trump press conference? If you've heard one, you've heard all. "Me, me, me. I'm the best. No one is as good as me. That virus is the best virus I've ever seen. We've reached a deal, a good deal. The best deal you'll ever see. That virus and I are good friends. It'll leave by April. It hated Obama. Blah, Blah, Blah..".

As they say, Obama lives rent free in Trump's skull. And from the looks of it, he has enough space in there to play a round of golf.

Trump is about division, bigotry, the 1%, and self enrichment. Those are the tools of his trade.

Does anyone actually listen to a Trump press conference? If you've heard one, you've heard all. "Me, me, me. I'm the best. No one is as good as me. That virus is the best virus I've ever seen. We've reached a deal, a good deal. The best deal you'll ever see. That virus and I are good friends. It'll leave by April. It hated Obama. Blah, Blah, Blah..".

As they say, Obama lives rent free in Trump's skull. And from the looks of it, he has enough space in there to play a round of golf.

Trump is about division, bigotry, the 1%, and self enrichment. Those are the tools of his trade.

There is one thing I give Trump credit for. He knows how gullible the average American is. He knows he can lie straight to their face and most will believe it. He must be right, he’s the president. Can you believe his ratings are at an all time high?

It’s gonna big, really big. The biggest ever.

Some people are calling Andrew Cuomo, President Andrew Cuomo. You’ll get the real scoop at his briefings. Not the clown in Whitehouse.

Let's try to refrain from all the fake news and just know that by Easter we will be decorating eggs.

These days I have no idea if you are joking. I truly hope you are. If you are it's not funny.

I think that article has some serious bitter truth of where we are likely headed.

Labeling such a carefully written article as fake news makes me sick to my stomach.

It's labels such as that, that will just lead people to their grave. Nice work.

These days I have no idea if you are joking. I truly hope you are. If you are it's not funny.

I think that article has some serious bitter truth of where we are likely headed.

Labeling such a carefully written article as fake news makes me sick to my stomach.

It's labels such as that, that will just lead people to their grave. Nice work.

Seriously? It's sarcasm to those that do not see the seriousness of this as well as critique to the failed leadership. As a person who has been privy to private conversations with the president I find it all very upsetting as I saw this all coming long ago and know we have new issues ahead unless some people in charge do not wake up. I have been addressing this long before anyone thought to do a thing, People need to wake up fast in some parts of this country or they are going to regret it.

Reactions: Bill Price
Sobering article. It's just a good example of what misinformation, complacency and too much bureaucracy can lead to.

Now add a circus with a head clown who is in it for himself to the mix, and you have a recipe for disaster. But don't worry, Dr. Trump will save us all.

Sadly he could likely try and keep a controlled burn up to the election affording him excuses to flip and justify new election provisions or worse. No one should underestimate a person like this who has nothing to loose except his freedom if he is out of office. Everything is a tactic with him, nothing more and nothing less and people are always pawns.

Reactions: MitchMitch
Let's try to refrain from all the fake news and just know that by Easter we will be decorating eggs.

Actually, we are due to get zombies in April. The dead, not yet buried bodies will come back to 'life'. I think UFOs will appear in May to take some of us off the planet before the rest of the year happens and the Earth gets 'reset'. :0

upload_2020-3-27_18-9-22.png

Does anyone actually listen to a Trump press conference?

I don't have tv service (cable or otherwise), I don't listen to talk radio or 'the news' (not mainstream) and to be honest, I don't think I've ever actually heard the orange turd's voice. I value my sanity and already know that he has nothing of value to offer and giving him an audience is a total waste of time.

seriously, I have never heard the man's voice. not having a tv-habit helps a lot, with that, I guess.

I recommend it. no one needs noise pollution in their lives.

• Love
Reactions: MitchMitch
We had 11 years to prepare for exactly what occurred; we had a pandemic that killed perhaps 575,000 globally. We did very little, we did not demand significant vaccinations which we had available. Afterwards, 2015 had us nerf the response infrastructure.

It was us. Americans. We asked for what we got. No more manufacturing of masks and gloves in the US (<5% <2% respectively) even though were were the #1 global provider. We tried to stop the restrictions on travel that were planned in February.
We failed in all 3 branches of federal government and all their sub-tier bureaucracies.
We failed at the state, county, and city levels because we believe everything today is political.

It is very convenient to believe we as a society hold no blame, and that there is nothing would could have done, should have done, can do to help.

Remember when AIDS swept our country. We fought testing, quarantines, border restrictions, and we killed millions. We could have virtually wiped out the disease in America if we had the will.

We do not. You can argue until the cows come home. It doesn't alter history, reality, or the future. This will happen again. Will you be prepared? Or will you expect some magically politician to rescue you?

Our govt is doing a great job, blaming hospitals for no respirators and that they are stealings masks, the incompetence keeps showing and the blame keeps going. China racism is the distraction to complete and utter incompetence. When you are useless blame others. Give it a month and you will hear the bragging of how they did a great job and 200K dead is very good for a county our size. if it's 25-300K it will be the fault of the states and China. Good thing we are building respirators "for other countries".

The US federal government sent the wrong masks, says Illinois governor

The White House told the US state of Illinois that it would receive 300,000 N95 masks -- but instead, the state got surgical masks, says Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker.

“My team is sorting through the shipment of 300,000 N95 masks the White House personally told me would be sent to our state," he said at a news conference Monday.
"While we do not have a final count on this yet, I can say with certainty that what they sent were not the N95 masks that were promised but instead were surgical masks, which is not what we asked for.
“I can’t emphasize enough how much we need the federal government to step up and amplify the size of their PPE (personal protective equipment) deliveries to Illinois and frankly across the nation.”
This was the third federal shipment of PPE Illinois has received and it arrived Sunday. But the governor said Illinois had so far received only a “small fraction” of what the state had asked for.

The state of Illinois currently has 5,057 confirmed coronavirus cases, including 73 deaths.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Trump I believe switched from Wuhan virus to China virus after the Communist Party tried to tell the world it was the U.S. Army that spread Covid-19 in Wuhan.

How many of you are eager to condemn China for that but of propaganda?
How many of you are aware of the reports that the number or urns being shipped into Wuhan and the crematory workers being sent it suggest China VASTLY downplayed this whole thing. Leaks and estimates now suggest China may have actually had 30-40k deaths...........
If that is the case and they were honest about it up front the world would have reacted differently.

TheEpochTimes refers to it as the CCP Virus, Chinese Communist Party and that is the best name I have seen, that is the truth and the Chinese people are victims of it just like the rest of the world is.
This is the Party that is sending test kits that have been proven wrong as much as 80% of the time, the same party shipping defective masks to other countries. Yeah they are the heroes here...............

The screaming about Chinese racism is political in nature not legitimate.

Trump I believe switched from Wuhan virus to China virus after the Communist Party tried to tell the world it was the U.S. Army that spread Covid-19 in Wuhan.

How many of you are eager to condemn China for that but of propaganda?
How many of you are aware of the reports that the number or urns being shipped into Wuhan and the crematory workers being sent it suggest China VASTLY downplayed this whole thing. Leaks and estimates now suggest China may have actually had 30-40k deaths...........
If that is the case and they were honest about it up front the world would have reacted differently.

TheEpochTimes refers to it as the CCP Virus, Chinese Communist Party and that is the best name I have seen, that is the truth and the Chinese people are victims of it just like the rest of the world is.
This is the Party that is sending test kits that have been proven wrong as much as 80% of the time, the same party shipping defective masks to other countries. Yeah they are the heroes here...............

The screaming about Chinese racism is political in nature not legitimate.

China is messed up in many ways, I don't live in China I live here in the US were leadership is not working. None of the above excuses US incompetence. China is not the only racist issue here it's just a very convenient one. Let's call it the China virus, now that's done when will the US incompetence and excuses stop? If we call it a China virus it is now legitimate and no longer a hoax? Was the excuse for doing nothing, the name? Who will be next on Trump's blame game? Hospitals, governors, mayors, heath care workers, GM, CDC, media? Perhaps a three year past administration? This guy will play the race card, blame card, or any card but the competence and responsibility card. So let's now focus on China like Trump would like until that loses traction and then pick the next target because blame solves problems just as effectively as watching TV most of the day rather tan doing real work. Good thing there are local LEADERS in some parts of the country,

Last edited:
In 2017 multiple outlets ran articles about China wet markets being the likely cause of the next pandemic..........here we are.

The Chinese Communist Party has lied thru their teeth about this thing, the WHO chief stood by their lies as Taiwan blew the whistle. Trump calls all that out as lies that is "racist" and he is a science denier. He takes some actions people claim are horrible at the time and then two months later the same exact people are claiming he did nothing. It is pure politics.

2/5: Senator Schumer says the China travel ban is part of Trump’s war against immigrants.
2/24 : Pelosi says Trump is racist and everyone should go visit Chinatown and celebrate Chinese New Year.
3/13: Deblasio and his health expert tell NY’ers to use the subway, go to concerts and COVID-19 is not a big deal.

Those same folks want to investigate Trump now for not doing enough.......

Sure everyone has made mistakes, been wrong about something along the way but the real Boogeyman here is the Chinese Communist Party. If they were honest everyone would have been better positioned to cope with this.

Please before you blindly "orange man bad" anymore specifically address each of Chuck, Nancy, and Deblasio's comments.

The Corona response is just the latest peegate, Russian collusion, Ukraine collusion, emoluments, Russian collusion. Remember today we know things like Kevin Clinesmith falsified documents to get the FISA warrants that still lead to nothing but years of investigation with no significant outcome. Everyone knew it was all a fabrication bit the investigation is as much the goal as anything else, and it still has folks believing, even though to was a different guy that said.
"This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."
And when you claim context let's go back and look at Trump using the term hoax in context, it is not as being portrayed.