Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Covid-19 emails from Tesla Reps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else been getting emails and texts from their local Tesla service center? Innocent enough, but I don’t understand the point?

I got a text and email like this from Turrel

Hey Neal,

This is Turrel from Tesla. We understand this rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation poses unique challenges for everyone. As we navigate COVID-19 together, our primary goal is to protect the health and safety of Tesla's community while continuing our mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. How are you and your family doing during this difficult COVID-19 pandemic? How can we assist you? If you have questions or need assistance, please reply to this email or call us at....

I also got an email two weeks ago with a video of them walking around a Model Y and offering me solar (which I already have from them)
I was in the car business for 10 years so I immediately go to, they are trying to sell me another car. Is it more innocent then that?

Seems like every vendor is telling you/is what they are doing for their people/you to keep everyone safe. That’s fine. Also fine if they mention how it changes their operations. Selling stuff is getting a bit much unless you’re a local restaurant then I’ll listen and throw business your way.