Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO accident before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Tesla is still awaiting the insurance company to process the claim for the repairs and can't start until thats done. I was originally told that the repairs would be done this week, but my rep said she was misinformed... Then after the claim is processed, theres another 1-2 weeks wait for the repairs to be done, and another 4-6 weeks wait for the reconditioning. Its going to be a long wait...

I recently bought a CPO with an accident - though the accident happened before the car came onto the CPO listings. It was a loaner and someone opened hatchback into a wall, so they had to replace the door. The interesting part was that it was also not reported on CARFAX, and I was told it was because it was not a collision. As a result, the car was priced about $3.5K to $4K lower than similarly priced car when I bought it (delivery was 2 weeks back). So it looks like that is the most they are willing to reduce.
All the best!

I recently bought a CPO with an accident - though the accident happened before the car came onto the CPO listings. It was a loaner and someone opened hatchback into a wall, so they had to replace the door. The interesting part was that it was also not reported on CARFAX, and I was told it was because it was not a collision. As a result, the car was priced about $3.5K to $4K lower than similarly priced car when I bought it (delivery was 2 weeks back). So it looks like that is the most they are willing to reduce.
All the best!

i believe it depends on how they claim it, things like vandalism also dont show up on carfax unless it salvages out the car. also carfax is just a tool to be used when buying a car. a lot of times, things dont show up on carfax because they get handled outside of insurance etc.

Latest update: The car has finished repairs in Buena Park and is being shipped to Fremont for inspection and see what else they need to replace. This is after 8 weeks... Because of the wait, they are including the 1st annual service for free. My used advisor is on vacation until the 20th but has kept an eye on my order. She said they will prioritize the repairs when it gets to Fremont so hopefully I will get the car soon? Here's some pictures of the repairs so far that was done in Buena Park. I've asked them to see if they can recondition the seats and stains. Window trim is missing, and rims are curbed. They said the seats will not be replaced. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_6367.JPG
    IMG_6367.JPG
    379.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_6368.JPG
    IMG_6368.JPG
    282.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6369.JPG
    IMG_6369.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6370.JPG
    IMG_6370.JPG
    331.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6371.JPG
    IMG_6371.JPG
    348.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6372.JPG
    IMG_6372.JPG
    380.2 KB · Views: 65
I think seeing the "before" pictures can really cast doubt, and so I understand why they don't send them along by default. Seats should be clean and in good repair, as should the wheels. Refuse delivery if they are not when you receive the car. Otherwise I would expect no problems beyond minor wear.