Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO delivered with overinflated rough front tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy all,

My CPO P85D thst I just picked up from Tesla was delivered with the front tires inflated at around 61 PSI far exceeding the manufacturers 51PSI max and the recommended 42PSI from Tesla.

Unfortunately we did not notice this until we had already taken delivery of the car and driven it home from Bellevue to Portland. The main tread of the tires is not in terrible shape, but the outer edges of the tires are near bald.

Has anyone had a similar experience? What can I expect from Tesla to remediate this?

Images here - Tires

If the outer edge of the tires are bald they were under inflated prior to you taking delivery. You should have noticed the ride with 60 lbs of air in the tires. Call Tesla and complain . We can't help you.

I have a message out to my sales rep. As I stated in the original post - I was hoping to see if anyone else had had a similar experience and if they found a resolution.

I'll agree, if it is overinflated it wouldn't be the outside.
How did you measure the pressures?

First noticed via the TPMS readout, and then verified by 2 separate gauges.

I would take your car to Bellevue today and have them measure the tread, if they find that it is out of spec they will most likely replace them.

Unfortunately this is not an option as we took delivery in Bellevue and live in Portland. Should I bring it to Macadam?

Update, Sales rep saw the pictures and issued a "Due bill" to have them replaced at my local service center.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Congrats on the purchase. Another P85D PDXer here.Glad to hear they are taking care of you.
They were just worn tires to begin with. Driving 150 miles home @61psi did “nothing” to the tread level.

Congrats on the purchase. Another P85D PDXer here.Glad to hear they are taking care of you.
They were just worn tires to begin with. Driving 150 miles home @61psi did “nothing” to the tread level.

Hey Portland buddy. Makes sense. I realized after someone else mentioned it that that sort of wear is from under inflation as opposed to over (or camber/toe issues).