Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Experience Advice

Do you think Telsa will fix the paint chip for free after delivery?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a CPO Model 3 AWD and flying out to Denver to pick it up tomorrow.

Decided to take a closer look at the pictures using a better magnification tool and noticed that there is a Quarter size paint chip on the right fender.
I didn't notice this initially since the light reflections were covering it up? Is this something that they are going to fix since it wasn't very visible initially.
I talked to my SA and he said that "he hopes it is just a light reflection" No one from the Denver SC is getting back to me or the SA

Attachments

• Tesla.png
    Tesla.png
    1 MB · Views: 145
I bought a CPO Model 3 AWD and flying out to Denver to pick it up tomorrow.

Decided to take a closer look at the pictures using a better magnification tool and noticed that there is a Quarter size paint chip on the right fender.
I didn't notice this initially since the light reflections were covering it up? Is this something that they are going to fix since it wasn't very visible initially.
I talked to my SA and he said that "he hopes it is just a light reflection" No one from the Denver SC is getting back to me or the SA
That looks like a reflection.

Reactions: playoutside
It looks like there is a bit of a crinkle in the fender rim. Since it's in the picture, they won't cover it. (IMHO) - However, if it is more than cosmetic, i.e, a dent or damage, that makes it questionable. In any case, flying out to pick up the car is a risk. Unfortunately, they put you in a "you're screwed" condition no matter what you choose.

You're not buying a CPO and as such used cars sold by Tesla don't automatically come with any cosmetic repair or refurbishment so you shouldn't expect it. Negotiate any of these remedies PRIOR to accepting delivery then get any & ALL promises in writing. No exceptions.

• Disagree
Reactions: ks808
It looks like there is a bit of a crinkle in the fender rim. Since it's in the picture, they won't cover it. (IMHO) - However, if it is more than cosmetic, i.e, a dent or damage, that makes it questionable. In any case, flying out to pick up the car is a risk. Unfortunately, they put you in a "you're screwed" condition no matter what you choose.

Are there any guidelines about dents in CPO cars. All I see is normal wear and tear is not covered but "normal wear and tear" is not defined anywhere

Last edited:
There is a mythical 70 point check list. It might be "Do we have their money yet" 70 times. My nose cone had a crack, and yes I could see it in the pictures, and yes, they told me they would be glad to fix it for $800. The windshield had a chip, and they replaced that on a due bill no problem. As Ostrichsak mentioned, try to address it prior to getting there with an in writing solution that is agreeable to you. They will probably want you to sign the papers before you are in eyeshot of the car, but you can say no. Your negotiating ability diminished when you are standing there. If you can't get anywhere, and this will be a deal breaker, break the deal now. There are not alot of actual used M3's so you may need to lump it if you want the deal otherwise.

There is a mythical 70 point check list. It might be "Do we have their money yet" 70 times. My nose cone had a crack, and yes I could see it in the pictures, and yes, they told me they would be glad to fix it for $800. The windshield had a chip, and they replaced that on a due bill no problem. As Ostrichsak mentioned, try to address it prior to getting there with an in writing solution that is agreeable to you. They will probably want you to sign the papers before you are in eyeshot of the car, but you can say no. Your negotiating ability diminished when you are standing there. If you can't get anywhere, and this will be a deal breaker, break the deal now. There are not alot of actual used M3's so you may need to lump it if you want the deal otherwise.
I have a copy of the 70 point list, and it doesn’t include wear and tear cosmetic items.