Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Prices and Insanity.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's an older, lesser-equipped, higher mileage, 85d selling for MORE than a P100D.

Have they lost their minds? Something I'm missing here?

upload_2018-9-12_12-22-38.png

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and Inside
Tesla's CPO pricing model is a "Reverse auction"; cars are priced at ridiculously high starting prices, then dropped a few hundred bucks each day until someone snaps them up. You have to look at what the cars actually sell for via a tool like ev-cpo or teslainventory.com to get an idea of what actual transaction prices are like.

85D's usually go in the mid to high 50s.

• Informative
Reactions: renambot
Um, these cars are actually for sale. Do you ever do anything but troll? You might be the world's leader.

You started another pointless thread in the for sale section once again NOT selling a car. A thread was started for chit chat and comments.

You have been around here long enough to know better.....clearly you need to be schooled.

Just a little history here, guys. That thread was created to remove a lots of posts from "For sale" threads where people would start talking about the value of a car posted for sale and the price asked by the seller (which was usually too high). Much like what's going on in This Thread. All the discussion of the pricing NOT between an interested buyer and seller should happen in the "chit-chat" thread.

Note from a moderator:
[@AnOutsider wrote: Mod Note: A number of posts were removed from this thread. For sale threads are not the place for debates about price or discussions about pricing formulas. Please respect the sellers and keep discussion on topic and between interested parties.]

This doesn't mean that other discussion threads (like this thread) can't exist in the "Tesla For Sale" forum. I'm not a moderator, but in my opinion a thread talking about "CPO Prices and Insanity" is a valid thread for this forum (but I could be wrong).

• Disagree
Reactions: AWD> and Ketchups
Just a little history here, guys. That thread was created to remove a lots of posts from "For sale" threads where people would start talking about the value of a car posted for sale and the price asked by the seller (which was usually too high). Much like what's going on in This Thread. All the discussion of the pricing NOT between an interested buyer and seller should happen in the "chit-chat" thread.

Note from a moderator:

This doesn't mean that other discussion threads (like this thread) can't exist in the "Tesla For Sale" forum. I'm not a moderator, but in my opinion a thread talking about "CPO Prices and Insanity" is a valid thread for this forum (but I could be wrong).
Tesla for Sale
Place to list used Tesla vehicles

Reactions: AWD>
Yes, but there has always been threads here talking about the "Tesla for Sale" marketplace.
The mods failure to keep this "Place to list used Tesla vehicles" in order shall not be used as precedent for inappropriate threads created in said forum. For example, the Tesla Luggage thread (has been here for over a year), which clearly belongs in the "Tesla Parts for Sale - Place to list parts and accessories and other aftermarket products for Tesla vehicles" section.

Just because it keeps happening doesn't make it right.

Are you a lawyer?

Perhaps instead the mods allow such threads to exist based on their own interpretation of the purpose of the sub forum.

I'm going by what this subforum has been used for historically, and what people have discussed here for several years.

Also, the purpose of the "chit-chat" thread isn't supposed to be a dumping ground for anything that is non used Tesla for sale related. It's original purpose was to remove a bunch of posts from a thread where people were arguing about the pricing of a car, where nobody in the argument was the seller or an interested buyer. Please read the first couple of pages of that thread to understand why it exists.

Perhaps instead the mods allow such threads to exist based on their own interpretation of the purpose of the sub forum.

I'm going by what this subforum has been used for historically, and what people have discussed here for several years.

Also, the purpose of the "chit-chat" thread isn't supposed to be a dumping ground for anything that is non used Tesla for sale related. It's original purpose was to remove a bunch of posts from a thread where people were arguing about the pricing of a car, where nobody in the argument was the seller or an interested buyer. Please read the first couple of pages of that thread to understand why it exists.
If this thread is reported, what do you think will happen to it?