Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Program starts in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

meloccom

Moderator Aus/NZ
Feb 11, 2008
Sydney Australia
I got a phone call from Tesla on Friday to say that they were starting a Certified Pre-Owned program for Tesla's so I can now trade-in my 2014 Model S 85 on an AP2 equipped car. I passed on the opportunity but thought I should mention it for anyone who has been waiting on the scheme coming here, however one of four Anza Brown Model S won't be available for a little while yet.

I got offered one of these. The price was above what I would expect actually as there were cheaper better cars on car sales. I think the resale value has stayed so high that you'd be crazy to "sell" back to Tesla when you can get a much better price on the second hand market. I guess if you're in a hurry you'd do it but otherwise it doesn't make sense.

I've spoken to a few prospective Tesla buyers from WA trying to buy Victorian second hand cars, it appears buyers have to get in quick.

Agreed. It doesn't matter what the guides or redbook say the price on the second hand market is set buy the buyers and sellers. When the two price points meet - bam. Model S's sit on the second hand sites at $115-120K for a while and then as soon as the prices drops to under $110K they sell. Makes sense really as you're getting a lot of car for that sort of money. Pre-2017 cars have free supercharging which will also help to keep resale value high.