Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO warranty. Want opinion holdback mileage consumption or just drive.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you’ve got the warranty terms wrong or I misunderstood something, the cpo warranty should be for 50k additonal miles (so warranty until 62k miles), so at your current rate of 13.3k miles/year you’d hit 50k miles around 3 months early...so I think you’re fine to drive.

Great point about the
I think you’ve got the warranty terms wrong or I misunderstood something, the cpo warranty should be for 50k additonal miles (so warranty until 62k miles), so at your current rate of 13.3k miles/year you’d hit 50k miles around 3 months early...so I think you’re fine to drive.

Thanks for pointing that out. Currently I do hold back a little otherwise I think it would be about 15-16k a year. Like for example, I opted not to take Tesla on two road trips and also I leave the Tesla garaged when its raining out (its always freshly waxed and detailed :) ). I also worry about super charger congestion on a road trip. My wife had a bad experience one time having to wait 1.5 hours and some co-workers shared theirs.

Great point about the

Thanks for pointing that out. Currently I do hold back a little otherwise I think it would be about 15-16k a year. Like for example, I opted not to take Tesla on two road trips and also I leave the Tesla garaged when its raining out (its always freshly waxed and detailed :) ). I also worry about super charger congestion on a road trip. My wife had a bad experience one time having to wait 1.5 hours and some co-workers shared theirs.

As someone who worries a LOT about EVERYTHING, let me tell you that YOU worry way too much.

Drive your car and enjoy your life!

...I do hold back a little...

You just need to do that suits your needs.

1) If you can't pay for your miles then it's perfectly fine to quarantine your car at home.

But if you can afford the mileage, it's just money so pay up and enjoy life!

2) If you are worried about Supercharger wait line, get the longest range (currently 100 kWh) you can. That way, you can look up the Supercharger status on your navigation and decide which one you want to stop by and which one you want to skip depending on their availability.

Of course, if you don't have the money to pay for the longest range, then that's perfectly fine, otherwise, just pay up the money so you can buy the convenience.

Last November I found a 75D AP2 MS with 10,568 miles on her. I was looking for low mileage because I tend to put a lot of miles on my cars. My concern is the value of my car when it's time to replace it. That time is a year or so after Tesla releases a refresh or aa meaningfu AP upgrade. After having the car the last few months I've to just drive it like I stole it because I feel like I did.

These cars are meant to be driven so just drive it. Do you think Tesla decided to put insane torque in the model S just so it can sit in a garage and look all pretty? Nope, they designed it to blow you away when you hit the go pedal.

... Like for example, I opted not to take Tesla on two road trips and also I leave the Tesla garaged when its raining out (its always freshly waxed and detailed :) )...
Oh my! I live in the snowbelt and my transportation consists of foot, bicycle and my Tesla. Conditions are a bit sloppy for a bicycle at present so I take the Tesla for trips over a few miles. Yesterday it was snowing and blowing when I ventured down to town and my driveway and road have been snowpacked since the end of November! So, "freshly waxed and detailed" would not describe my car at present, as you can see:
Model S with winter grime2222 2-7-19.JPG

^This is unusually clean for my car in winter. Before I washed it in January there was so much dirt on the car I couldn't even read my license plate! I bought the Model S to be used and used it gets, being my only car. I try to wash it every few weeks, but it doesn't do much good this time of the year. I'm just glad we are having a decent snow year here.

Reactions: BridgeMojo
Thanks all, We do drive the car everyday (sans rain) and will continue to do so. If I just consider the CPO warranty 3ish years instead of 4 that is doable. The selfish side of me hopes that all major repairs are completed before warranty expiration.