Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CQuartz Finest Applied & Windows Tinted -- Grey Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CQuartz Finest Applied & Windows Tinted -- Grey Model S with Pics

I picked up the car last Friday and had the windows tinted and CQuartz Finest applied. I know this is all personal choice -- but think with tinting the car (and this color combo) just looks SOOO much better! :smile:

IMG_0898.jpg
IMG_0904.jpg
IMG_0899.jpg
IMG_0903.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up the car last Friday and had the windows tinted and CQuartz Finest applied. I know this is all personal choice -- but think with tinting the car (and this color combo) just looks SOOO much better! :smile:

View attachment 30561

My car's specced very similarly to yours, but with a black int and no +. :) Great looking ride...I'm a gray kind of car guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still one of my all-time favorite color combinations, grey with perf grey 21s. It looks fantastic with the CQuartz and the tinted windows, very nicely done. Is that a tan interior? I always wondered how tan would look with the grey or the silver, as I thought the red piping on the Perf seats was superfluous on anything but Sig red.

Thanks everyone! I love this thing :) I just drove it from San Diego to Lake Arrowhead CA (up 5.5k feet) for a total trip of about 130 miles. I started out with a full battery and arrived here with about 96 left. Awesome!

It is a tan interior. Here are a few pics.

IMG_0891.jpg
IMG_0893.jpg

The center console is after market -- from Tesla Accessories. I love it -- took all of 3 minutes to put in -- and can remove it just as fast when/if I feel like going minimalist like Elon intended. I personally need the storage so really don't see removing it anytime soon.

The center console is after market -- from Tesla Accessories. I love it -- took all of 3 minutes to put in -- and can remove it just as fast when/if I feel like going minimalist like Elon intended. I personally need the storage so really don't see removing it anytime soon.

Thanks! I'll probably get it as well. Just 2-3 more weeks till delivery over here! I'm envious, enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Larry, have they scrapped the plans? Or they haven't released it yet?

Thanks everyone! I love this thing :) I just drove it from San Diego to Lake Arrowhead CA (up 5.5k feet) for a total trip of about 130 miles. I started out with a full battery and arrived here with about 96 left. Awesome!

It is a tan interior. Here are a few pics.

Very nice interior, it goes nicely with the grey...lots of warmth, and keeps the cabin feeling spacious. Our interiors are identical, right down to the Custom CCI...except my S85 lacks the metal pedals, which might have swayed my decision to go P, had I known about them at the time!

I believe there's no better long term (measurable) protection for the car's paint finish than C Quartz. Had mine done and windows tinted too. Also had xpel applied to the the front half. It's all armored up for the next couple of years. :)

How does the CQuartz finish look though the xpel? Do you think it will lose luster differently between the xpel covered areas vs the CQuartz only areas?

How does the CQuartz finish look though the xpel? Do you think it will lose luster differently between the xpel covered areas vs the CQuartz only areas?

We applied CQuartz FINEST to this car and loved working on it!!!! I absolutely love this color combo. *To answer your question though... No PPF (PaintProtectionFilm) will look as good as CQuartz Finest, but it will protect way better than any coating because it is an actual thick layer of film that is far thicker than even the paint itself. Xpel looks the best though IMO compared to many other PPF. I would suggest considering at a minimum filming the very front leading part of your car including the lights, nose, and bumper.

Ordered the exact same configuration you did and I also live in SD. Thus two of the same MS cruising through SD soon (getting mine in early March). I looked into OptiCoat and it seems that you are happy with the product and the detailer? any afterthoughts? Who did your window tint and what's the product and strength?
Thank you very much! Ingo