Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked Roof Glass - Pressure build up or rock?

Rock or stress?

• Rock crack

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Stress crack

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, there! So I got this crack on my roof - I don't know if its a rock or something else happened..

What do u think?

It was the hottest day when we noticed it before the trip. Neither me or my wife can recall any crack sounds or getting rocks while driving..
Crack for some reason is getting wider (not longer) and - after 2-3 weeks - I can insert pine needle in it o_O

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 178
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 140
That looks like a rock crack to me. You should try a windshield repair kit today and see if you can keep it from spreading. Easy DIY. Autozone sells a kit from Permatex for under $20

I had a little stone chip in the windshield of the Prius and I bought one of those kits. The instructions said to attach the foam seal to the bottom of the syringe, then press it onto the the windshield so that it surrounded the chip. They suggested that it would be advantageous to make that a really good seal, so I leant into it a little only to hear this unusual cracking sound. Than I picked up my phone and called Safelite . . .