Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked Windshield and Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Final Update…

Everything was replaced and complete in about 3 days once parts came in, the SC was very communicative. They also gave me a loaner Model X to drive for the 3 days it took for the replacements just by asking (I thought the X would be cool but WOW, very disappointed (another topic)). They also came in under the original estimated quote! Every experience I have had dealing with Tesla service has been on par with MB and Porsche if not better in some cases.

Final Update…

Everything was replaced and complete in about 3 days once parts came in, the SC was very communicative. They also gave me a loaner Model X to drive for the 3 days it took for the replacements just by asking (I thought the X would be cool but WOW, very disappointed (another topic)). They also came in under the original estimated quote! Every experience I have had dealing with Tesla service has been on par with MB and Porsche if not better in some cases.
It’s interesting that you and I both didn’t like the X. It was definitely disappointing. Just felt like driving a boat to me and I didn’t like it not blending in the brake while stopping.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
It’s interesting that you and I both didn’t like the X. It was definitely disappointing. Just felt like driving a boat to me and I didn’t like it not blending in the brake while stopping.
I really wanted to like it but in comparison to the Y it fell short and the list of things I liked is much shorter than don’t like.

I feel the X is targeted to a specific person, not me.

The Y as a whole seems more thought-out and functional in every way.

Things I really liked on the X:

Selfpresenting doors and closing! This is an amazing feature that worked in all situations, even in the garage.
Air suspension, we need this on the Y asap!
My daughter loved the Falcon doors, I could live without.

I really wanted to like it but in comparison to the Y it fell short and the list of things I liked is much shorter than don’t like.

I feel the X is targeted to a specific person, not me.

The Y as a whole seems more thought-out and functional in every way.

Things I really liked on the X:

Selfpresenting doors and closing! This is an amazing feature that worked in all situations, even in the garage.
Air suspension, we need this on the Y asap!
My daughter loved the Falcon doors, I could live without.
I was quite a fan of the falcon doors. From what I hear they have a lot of issues. My X was a lifetime loaner with 65000 miles on the clock. It showed from the loose seat to the rattling doors when they closed. The biggest concern to me was the intermittent ac operation. We would be driving down the interstate and it would just kick out. Not cool on a 100+ day. Literally!

Reactions: Eric9610