Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was contemplating ordering the Acceleration boost this upcoming weekend on Saturday morning 03Apr and returning it 04Apr sometime in the afternoon. After reading many forums i found this to be a pretty straight forward return and would be a good way for me to test out if it is something i would be interested in. I understand that you can return it once but after the second time if you buy it you are stuck with it. Here's the question... i know it sounds a little crazy but I've seen many people say stuff kind of like this. If i return it and buy it again later down the road do you think they would turn down the power a little bit? i had spoken with someone who did this and he swore by the fact that they turned the power down or made the car feel slower. Has anyone done this and "experienced" the same power? i know it sounds crazy but could there be some form of validity to his point? Maybe a way Tesla throws "shade" at using then returning then buying again; so they "punish" for the action.

I was contemplating ordering the Acceleration boost this upcoming weekend on Saturday morning 03Apr and returning it 04Apr sometime in the afternoon. After reading many forums i found this to be a pretty straight forward return and would be a good way for me to test out if it is something i would be interested in. I understand that you can return it once but after the second time if you buy it you are stuck with it. Here's the question... i know it sounds a little crazy but I've seen many people say stuff kind of like this. If i return it and buy it again later down the road do you think they would turn down the power a little bit? i had spoken with someone who did this and he swore by the fact that they turned the power down or made the car feel slower. Has anyone done this and "experienced" the same power? i know it sounds crazy but could there be some form of validity to his point? Maybe a way Tesla throws "shade" at using then returning then buying again; so they "punish" for the action.
That's loony. Even if we assume an Evil Prankster Tesla, why would they punish you for repurchasing it? I mean, they ended up where they wanted to be, with you paying for the upgrade.

If anything, EPT would punish you as soon as you returned it, by, I don't know, making it so emissions testing mode randomly goes off on your seat from time to time. Then EPT could stop punishing you after you surrender and repurchase the upgrade.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung