Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

creaking in front end, Warranty expires in 104 miles, but service center is 200 miles away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So wondering if I am just outta luck, My 2016 model s only has 104 miles left until it reaches 50k miles. It has a loud creaking noise from the front of the car when the wheels are almost fully turned. This happens at really slow speeds or when stopped.

Service center could not get me in for a few another 12 days but the problem is this is my primary vehicle so i drive daily. With the service center being further away than the allotment of miles allow on my warranty will i just have to foot the bill myself? Or since I called and scheduled the visit before I go over 50k miles would they honor that?

Anyone been through something similar?

TL;DR. Depends on who you talk too.

I bought my P85D third party with 49,200 in late January. I logged some issues and had mobile tech fix them right before warranty expired. Then I found the louvers never closed on one side and there were leaves in there from the fall I suppose after warranty at 52,000. Took it to the SC for the 4 year service and tried to see if they would throw in the louvers and told them that it must have been there before the warranty, they good willed the labor but said I would need to buy the part. It wasn’t in stock, so just had mobile tech come out at 53,000 and he installed it plus some other little things. I asked him out payment and he shrugged his shoulders and said that it definitely looked like it must had been broke before the warranty expired and not to worry about it.

IMO, if it’s logged in their records you should have a pretty good shot to have it covered, but it may take talking to a few different people

Got an appointment with a mobile tech coming next week on Thursday, they noted the mileage when i called in and said if i go over they will honor the warranty if they have to fix something.

Thinking I may just not drive it the rest of the week to keep the miles under 50k before they check it out on Thursday. Thinking if i keep it under the 50k i can have the mobile tech check the car over to see if there are any issues to be fixed before i am out of the warranty. I am assuming I can ask him to do that possible when he comes?

Last edited:
Got an appointment with a mobile tech coming next week on Thursday, they noted the mileage when i called in and said if i go over they will honor the warranty if they have to fix something.

Thinking I may just not drive it the rest of the week to keep the miles under 50k before they check it out on Thursday. Thinking if i keep it under the 50k i can have the mobile tech check the car over to see if there are any issues to be fixed before i am out of the warranty. I am assuming I can ask him to do that possible when he comes?
I would call service again to get that added on, instead of asking the mobile tech to do it while they're there. If the tech has a busy day, they won't be obligated to inspect the vehicle and might leave right after they're done with your original concern. The safe bet would be just to call the SC again and have it added.