Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaks/squeaks/"paper" sound - my fix with vast improvement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that my door seals, door glass seals, really have started to creak/squeak along with that strange 'paper rubbing together' sound from the rear seat when going over bumps. I could really hear the glass on all the doors make all sorts of sounds against the rubber seals when pulling int/out of my driveway when the body flexed.

I happened to have a bottle of something called "The Last Coat" that I used on another one of my vehicles, and I read that it was OK to use on the seals/interior/glass. So I coated all the rubber door seal gaskets, 1.5 inches around on the inside of each door glass from the edge, the touch-points on the A, B and C pillars gaskets where the glass touches the car, the door seals that are mounted to the body where they touch the doors, and I coated the sides of the rear center headrest, the back of the pull-down armrest that folds into the back seat, and the small amount of area on the rear seat where the sides of the pull-down armrest touches. I let the car sit overnight and took it out this morning and all the sounds have disappeared!

I got this idea when it dawned on me my 2011 F250 crew cab suffers from the same "door seal squeaks/noises" when going over bumps or up/down driveways when the boxy flexes that is well documented on Ford forums, and the fix has been to lube the seals with a similar type of product on a regular basis.

Here you go...everything inside of the orange lines was treated with The Last Coat. For the doors, I followed the seal all the way around, and for the door seals connected to the body, I followed the surface of those that touch the doors all the way around.

20200728_232348083_iOS_LI.jpg
20200728_232317922_iOS_LI.jpg
20200728_232323448_iOS_LI.jpg
20200728_232342283_iOS_LI.jpg
20200728_232357015_iOS_LI.jpg
20200728_232259682_iOS_LI.jpg