Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Submitted loan application yesterday and was approved this morning. The rate is 4.24% and says that includes the 0.5% discount for the autopay (0.25%) and whatever else (0.25%). Saw someone else post they were going to get an additional 0.25% for autopay making it 3.99% for 72 months, but I don’t think that is accurate.

Just sent an email to Tesla asking them to reflect the change in lender from Tesla Financing to USSFCU, but if someone knows a better way to do this then please advise. Also, still no VIN and I have a trade that will now have a lesser payoff because I will have made another payment in the next few days and the initial agreement doesn’t reflect this so hope this can all be figured out. Not used to doing the leg work in car buying. Not opposed, but also not a fan of being on their time and terms to get responses.
Since you don’t have a VIN yet do you expect to take delivery within 60 days? Or is the loan agreement valid for longer than that? I don’t have a VIN yet either, and my timeframe just says April-June so I’m hesitant to do the loan application with USSFCU and then not take delivery until late June or July.

Since you don’t have a VIN yet do you expect to take delivery within 60 days? Or is the loan agreement valid for longer than that? I don’t have a VIN yet either, and my timeframe just says April-June so I’m hesitant to do the loan application with USSFCU and then not take delivery until late June or July.
I am certain it’s good for 60 days so you’ll want to wait. My EDD right now is April 22 to May 6 and it’s a performance model that seems to not be in as high demand because do a mock order on Tesla and you’ll see these are earlier delivery dates for some reason.

Reactions: suprax
Has anyone done a refinance from Wells Fargo to another bank? I am trying to find the payoff quote on my account that shows the account number, amount, and is valid for at least 10 days.

When I go to my online account, it shows only valid for 1 day, only shows last 4 digits of account number, and the amount. Do I have to call in for this?

We just refinanced one from Wells Fargo to USSCU. I used the app to get the payoff quote. Which takes you to a webpage.

The payoff quote gives you a daily interest amount so the bank paying it off can do the math to make it 10 days or whatever they feel they need. You can then click on the “mail” hyperlink on the same page to get the address for the payoff.

You can get your full account number from your statement. Or, if using the app, you can tap on “Account…XXXX” at the top under where it says “AUTO LOAN” and it will bring up the full account number.

Reactions: Ritzcarlton123
Hi SUprax, did you apply for the loan after VIN assignemt? how was he process with USSFCU and did you get the laon in time to intercept EDD?
I applied for the loan last week when I did not have a VIN yet and an EDD of May 27-June 30. They approved the loan application and I received the approval the next day, with it being valid for 60 days. As long as you enter and upload all of the required info, it's a pretty straight forward process. However last night I snagged a vehicle from new inventory that I'm going to take delivery of, instead of waiting for my original order, and they are claiming that will be May 15-21 for delivery. This week I'll submit the purchase agreement and other required info to USSFCU and finalize the loan so they can send me the check for delivery.

Reactions: seevT
I applied for the loan last week when I did not have a VIN yet and an EDD of May 27-June 30. They approved the loan application and I received the approval the next day, with it being valid for 60 days. As long as you enter and upload all of the required info, it's a pretty straight forward process. However last night I snagged a vehicle from new inventory that I'm going to take delivery of, instead of waiting for my original order, and they are claiming that will be May 15-21 for delivery. This week I'll submit the purchase agreement and other required info to USSFCU and finalize the loan so they can send me the check for delivery.
USSFCU requests the delivery date on the motor vehicle purchase agreement. You need to have a firm delivery appointment with your local SC first before USSFCU releases the fund