Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my loan approved. No need to provide GAP. You can buy it from Tower in the first year of the loan.
I'm currently conditionally approved right now. Can you go through the process to get it completely approved?

1. Wait for VIN from Tesla.
  2. Get POA signed and notarized.
  3. Membership verification (????)
The membership verification is a bit of a mystery for me. Do I just need to donate and create an account?

Yes, get the POA and get it notarized in your local credit union for free.

I signed up for Tower membership on 1/15, I applied for a loan on 1/14. Membership has been still stuck on referred and CSR says it will take a while to process due to overwhelming applications. The loan has been conditionally approved on 1/18. If you haven't even applied for membership yet, it will take a long time to process.

As delivery nears, I think others should have a back-up loan. I'm applying for Adefi as well to get the 3.85% rate to see if Tower can process membership, but CSR admits its ill take a long time and my delivery can be any time now. For me, the choices are AdeIfi or Tower only, as Adelfi has a 5 day timeframe from start to receiving loan from other posts. Better than the horrible 5.34% rate from Tesla/Wells Fargo.

Last edited:
Reactions: YW555
I'm currently conditionally approved right now. Can you go through the process to get it completely approved?

1. Wait for VIN from Tesla.
  2. Get POA signed and notarized.
  3. Membership verification (????)
The membership verification is a bit of a mystery for me. Do I just need to donate and create an account?
Heres my suggestion for anyone waiting for VIN. For your case, I would suggest you get the membership asap to avoid delay in loan approval.

1. Before your VIN is available, apply Tower primary share account and make membership donation using the form below

2. As soon as you get the VIN, provide owners info to TESLA and get the purchase agreement with your name and VIN, sign it and apply for auto loan and get POA notarized. GAP is not mandatory.

Reactions: morphtk and YW555
First time financing question. If I’m trying to shop around to see what rates I get should I apply to multiple CCs and banks on the same day? I know hard inquiries affect your credit score so I’m thinking that’s a way to avoid a drop in score but not sure if other banks will be able to see that hard pull and have it affect my rates?

Reactions: mshort_utk
It should be 3.24% and you will get 0.25 discount if opt in auto payment
Interesting, I have not heard of the .25% discount. I just got an email that said this yesterday:

Congratulations! We have conditionally approved your request for a Vehicle Loan for $45,000.00 with the interest rate of 2.240% based on information you provided regarding income, and the credit information we obtained with your permission.