Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my experience with Tower was, with in seven days you should be OK provided you already approved and submitting POA, MPV , Insurance Copy (all these need VIN). Tower send you check overnight provided they close the loan process before 3pm on that day. on the closing day, tower call you and go over the terms and conditions (Apr rate, auto debit etc... and if this happens before 3pm and next day morning you can expect check through fedex).

Generally Tesla will be calling you to confirm the delivery date and my case was, initially tesla gave me chance to pick the delivery date and time and later on i asked SA to push the date to another 4 days. I also got tesla automated voice and option 2 is to change the delivery date (option 1 is to confirm the date and time, 2 to change and 3 to speak advisor ( most cases you never get a call from advisor)
Ok you have the check from tower, do you just take it to Tesla? Is it a certified check?

for those who are financing with Tower CU, Are you guys putting TowerCU on the title?
is that thru the registration tab in TESLA app?
It is always good to go with Tesla Finance for 5.34 and apply within 10 days to Tower CU and go with 2.99
Running auto loan within 10 days will count towards 1 hit similar to a 15 day Homeloan enquirers being considered as 1 hit to credit report.

Reactions: mshort_utk
applied the loan and account on the same day(1/17). I donated on the same day as well to avoid any delays. It's just $35 so no big deal if I lost it and it's for a good cause anyway. And I have no reason to believe I won't be approved. Got a message today so called back and got the account funded, and now my loan shows approved pending. It was showing deferred before but I did get a temporary approval after the initial app.
I am in the exact same boat as you (great minds). I have had to call them almost daily to follow up though, not sure if this has also been your experience.

Just called again this morning and they confirmed a slew of things including my cvv on my credit card, the back of my drivers license, and the list goes on. They said the thing holding up my loan app was the processing of my checking account.
I would need to wait for a member kit, then call back and give my member number to the loan dept…

If anyone wants to go help a business make more money by streamlining this process, I have a great option for you!

i dont think GAP is mandatory. I think tower mandates that you need to maintain minimum $500 deductibles in your insurance.
GAP protection is something for different reasons
I was also under the impression that GAP insurance was mandatory based on the initial paperwork that they sent. But I reread it and I think you’re right.

As part of the documentation required, they listed

Signed contracts for GAP and Warranties if purchased directly from the dealership or third party.

But it doesn’t specifically state that GAP coverage is required.

Heres my suggestion for anyone waiting for VIN. For your case, I would suggest you get the membership asap to avoid delay in loan approval.

1. Before your VIN is available, apply Tower primary share account and make membership donation using the form below

2. As soon as you get the VIN, provide owners info to TESLA and get the purchase agreement with your name and VIN, sign it and apply for auto loan and get POA notarized. GAP is not mandatory.
Hi, do I need to pay the down payment first before I can get the purchase agreement? This purchase agreement is not the same as the order agreement, right? I have yet to pay the down and the purchase agreement is still grayed out. ANd once I do get it, I take that to the notary? Thanks!

Just got an email that I got approved.

Just have to do all the prerequisites you guys mentioned here.

Also, do you need a checking account with them to receive the 3.49% rate? I know sometimes having an account with the actual bank and doing auto pay gets you a discount

Just got an email that I got approved.

Just have to do all the prerequisites you guys mentioned here.

Also, do you need a checking account with them to receive the 3.49% rate? I know sometimes having an account with the actual bank and doing auto pay gets you a discount
I assume it's just pre-approval? I think that's the easy part and just the tip of the iceberg of this Tower approval saga.