Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, do I need to pay the down payment first before I can get the purchase agreement? This purchase agreement is not the same as the order agreement, right? I have yet to pay the down and the purchase agreement is still grayed out. ANd once I do get it, I take that to the notary? Thanks!
In this process now. I just got my vin and have my pre-approval letter from Tower. They asked for a notarized POA form. Do I use the one on their resources page? Or is this a form I obtain from Tesla?

What does it look like on the website? I see an order agreement document link, but that doesn't include sales tax (or will this document show up once I get my VIN?). I see this, but it's not labeled as the MVPA:
Per Tesla: After Taking Delivery | Tesla Support

Purchase documents, including the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement, will be available in your Tesla Account after taking delivery. To access them, sign in to your Tesla Account and select ‘Manage’ under the appropriate vehicle. Signed documents will be visible under the ‘Documents’ section. You can also view your signed documents by scanning the QR code with your mobile device.

Anyone know why the final payment button is greyed out when I'm picking up the car on 2/1? I do have a trade in being reviewed and haven't added my insurance info yet. One of the Tesla page mentioned that legally I have to pay before picking up the car?

Note: Texas, New Mexico, Iowa and Michigan customers are required to submit final payment prior to scheduling their delivery appointment due to state restrictions.

Per Tesla: After Taking Delivery | Tesla Support

Purchase documents, including the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement, will be available in your Tesla Account after taking delivery. To access them, sign in to your Tesla Account and select ‘Manage’ under the appropriate vehicle. Signed documents will be visible under the ‘Documents’ section. You can also view your signed documents by scanning the QR code with your mobile device.
What good would that do me when applying for a loan to purchase the car? I.e., I need it before delivery.

Sorry, so is the move with Tower to apply for membership asap, and then as you get closer to the delivery window to apply for the loan?
Tower is snail slow (IMHO). I had your train of thought, paid for the Tower Cares bull*** and applied for a membership on 1/18. I heard nothing else until 1/26 when they asked me for a copy of the back of my drivers license. I responded immediately. And yet nothing has happened since, and my member application still says “pending”.

I applied to join Adelfi on 1/19 and was confirmed within a few hours on the same day.

Since my delivery window is approaching, I’m about 99.9% sure that I’m going with Adelfi because Tower is either overextended due to volume or simply incompetent. Neither of which I will tolerate when it comes to service and the need for timely processing with a new loan on a Tesla.

Adelfi is 3.85% for 60 months versus 2.99% for Tower. I guess I could always refinance with Tower later, but I’m not impressed at all so far.

Reactions: Sneakerhead
Tower is snail slow (IMHO). I had your train of thought, paid for the Tower Cares bull*** and applied for a membership on 1/18. I heard nothing else until 1/26 when they asked me for a copy of the back of my drivers license. I responded immediately. And yet nothing has happened since, and my member application still says “pending”.

I applied to join Adelfi on 1/19 and was confirmed within a few hours on the same day.

Since my delivery window is approaching, I’m about 99.9% sure that I’m going with Adelfi because Tower is either overextended due to volume or simply incompetent. Neither of which I will tolerate when it comes to service and the need for timely processing with a new loan on a Tesla.

Adelfi is 3.85% for 60 months versus 2.99% for Tower. I guess I could always refinance with Tower later, but I’m not impressed at all so far.
Got ya. Yeah, Adelfi seems like a good back up to have. My window currently is 3/9-3/31, so I figured let me apply now for the membership with Tower and hopefully within the next couple of weeks or month I get approved for the membership.

Similar situation as you. I applied 1/16 for membership and was reviewed 1/20 asking for back of license. Which I did within 30 minutes. Still to this date it’s pending.

Adelfi was good to have as a backup.