Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once your membership is approved, I also recommend setting up your secondary funding/transfer account, and submitting for check deposit approval. Checks take a couple hours to approve, but the second account takes a few days. You want to make sure everything is ready for when they fund the loan and need to mail the check out.

Reactions: priscilla5
Once your membership is approved, I also recommend setting up your secondary funding/transfer account, and submitting for check deposit approval. Checks take a couple hours to approve, but the second account takes a few days. You want to make sure everything is ready for when they fund the loan and need to mail the check out.
Secondary funding account? I thought everything can be done with the mandatory savings account?

Also - don't fund your savings account with a credit card... learned this one the hard way.
They did two pulls (idk why?.. should've just been $5), a $5 and a $1. Both hit as cash advances on my credit card as the transaction type. Each one whacked me for $10, for a total of $20.

Reactions: kopo
I applied for a membership on 5/16 for USSFCU and it is still pending despite all my calls to try to expedite. I should have applied much earlier when I ordered the car! They are inundated with applications and this is taking longer than usual.

I received my VIN 5/19 and I have to take delivery 5/25 otherwise my car will be on a hold. I checked this morning and membership is still pending.
However, I called the loan officer this AM from USSFCU and he said I should finance through Tesla and then once my membership is approved, they will honor the rate before the rate change on 5/22 and I can refinance!
If you don't mind, how did you get a hold of the loan officer without having applied for the loan? Do you have a number directly to their loan department? If so, could you pls share that?

If you don't mind, how did you get a hold of the loan officer without having applied for the loan? Do you have a number directly to their loan department? If so, could you pls share that?
Yes, the member services number. One of the representatives gave me that direction when I was checking membership status

(800) 374-2758 option 4, option 1, then option 1

Anyone took a loan on Tesla car recently? What’s the lowest rate you have seen?
USSFCU had a better rate before, but it’s still probably one of the lowest you can find with a convenient membership and application process (4.49% for 60 months). Otherwise, you might be able to find something similar or slightly lower at a credit union local to you that you qualify for.

for what it's worth back in late April I picked up a new M3SR. For ease I financed with Tesla and got 5.49%. Simultaneously went through the process with USSFCU and got approved for 4.24%. Completed the refi before making any payments to Tesla (Wells Fargo). I guess the only real downside was two hits against my credit but process was easy and alleviated any stress.

Reactions: jonjon09
for what it's worth back in late April I picked up a new M3SR. For ease I financed with Tesla and got 5.49%. Simultaneously went through the process with USSFCU and got approved for 4.24%. Completed the refi before making any payments to Tesla (Wells Fargo). I guess the only real downside was two hits against my credit but process was easy and alleviated any stress.
The downside that you mentioned, wouldn't that be seen as one single hard enquiry by the credit bureaus? Because technically, the time gaps between your applications is quite small (less than 14 days, i assume?) and still can be seen as "rate shopping"?