Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curb rash repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Looks like I've got some rim rash on the front passenger side, not a ton but it's the 19" wheels. The fixes here all seem to be for the 18" aero....and recommendation for the 19's?
Look on post #17. It's a low speed rim protector, I sanded down the rash, cleaned it and installed the rim protector. I have 19" wheels. Else your only option is to have it professionally repaired.

RimPro-Tech wheel bands still holding up well, no issues, however we recently had a slow leak on our front right time and unfortunately Tesla said we had to replace the entire tire. When we picked up our car the wheel band was destroyed and the techs said they couldn't mount the new tire with the band on. I thought they had these "touchless" tire removal and mounting machines?? So, rather than dishing out another 99.00 for a new kit, I took parts of the excess wheel bands I had saved when I initially installed it. I was able to use 3 segments of the excess wheel band holder and installed also the excess protector trim that fits in the holder. Just remember to offset where it joins from the trim holder joints. Now it looks good as new, I'll post photos tomorrow of the post install. Now for future tire changes... I may consider removing the band ahead of the tire change and install new 3M tape adhesive or just pickup another kit.

This past weekend I was exiting a parking stall with the curb on the drivers side and took the turn a bit too sharp. Well I did feel the rear wheel "kiss" the curb...uggh I thought... well I'm happy to say the RimPro-Tech wheel bands did protect my rim edges and didn't even come off. I only felt the scuff marks on he wheel bands otherwise rim was in perfect condition. It really works!!

The Ford Shadow grey listed above

Dupli-Color AFM0360 Dark Shadow... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HE66OK8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

29095434-F543-477F-B910-94A8BEBC9210.jpeg
9977845A-4136-44E5-9A03-5E174916B396.jpeg

I recently just repaired my wheels by myself, and it was quite easy. Not sure of you still level, but I followed the instructions on
, then sprayed the repaired wheels when Superwrap, looks back to stock..

It does take a bit of time to sand off the scratches/ding/dents but its totally worth it. I probably spent about 30 min sanding down the lip of the wheel, which i had a large gash along 12" of the diameter. Then I used the Superwrap wheel kit. I know the video is from dipyourcar, but I liked their color selection better at superwrap.

Pics or it didn't happen... 8)

IMG_6011.jpg

IMG_5971.JPG
IMG_6010.jpg

Within the first couple weeks of driving my Model 3, I scrapped the left front rim very badly-all the way around the rim. I just got a quote for $180 to repair it.
Does anyone have a good referral for the East Bay area of San Francisco so I can get another quote?
TIA.

Hello. Where did you get quoted $180? I literally just scaped my back rim after forgetting that i parked next to a curb in a parking lot. IM SO SAD!!! ):