Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curb Rash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As promised, I posted a video of my entire repair process. Unfortunately for me, it’s my 3rd time, so it’s a learning curve resulting in continuous improvement of the process.
Tesla Model 3 Curb Rash Fix
I used the brush & I painted the entire circle. I have to do another repair & I will video the process soon & post a link here.
I used this touch up paint I bought on eBay to repair my wife’s Model 3 Wheels twice. Very easy. I’m a novice.
Wheel Touch Up Paint for Tesla Sonic Carbon 21 19 Gray Touchup Model S X 3 Pen | eBay
View attachment 336595
I recommend you use a multi tool to smooth out the texture.
Oscillating Multi-Tool
View attachment 336593
Doesn’t have to be perfect, just not as noticeable. It’s likely to happen again.
Here’s the touched up wheel.
View attachment 336594

Last edited:
As promised, I posted a video of my entire repair process. Unfortunately for me, it’s my 3rd time, so it’s a learning curve resulting in continuous improvement of the process.
Ugh, three times? I think the learning curve resulting in continuous improvement of the process, should be driving. ;)

JK, thanks for the link, great info.

• Funny
Reactions: mswlogo
Ugh, three times? I think the learning curve resulting in continuous improvement of the process, should be driving. ;)

JK, thanks for the link, great info.
My wife’s car.
First 2 times were typical parking incidents.
Last time she hit both wheels going around a corner in torrential rain/extremely dark conditions. She said she did not even see the curb.

Last edited:
Here’s a quick update video (just over one minute). One more improvement to the procedure...
Tesla Model 3 Curb Rash Fix Update!

• Helpful
Reactions: FlyErik
If wife is that bad, maybe it's worth looking at these. I assume they come in various colors and are available for M3.

Tesla Model S Wheel Protector "Rimblades" Review
I was temped until I read the reviews...
E0BA8B03-5641-49DA-BA12-A4345239495E.jpeg

Reactions: mswlogo
I've owned plenty of cars with low profile, alloy wheels and never got curb rash on a single wheel. There is something unique about the Tesla M3 - of course the rim sticks out well past the tire, but maybe we rely too much on the cameras, mirrors etc. So far in the first 8 months, I've had 2-3 pretty good curb rash incidents. Interesting - each time the same wheel (rear pass) and purely coincidental - same exact location the second time. Fortunately, I happened to find a local mobile service that has been repairing the damage between $75 - $125. Here's the most recent before and after:

New rule for the M3 - never park near a curb if you can avoid it!
Hey, can you tell me where you got this fixed?