Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curb rash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely not a Model Y.

Looks like a Model X to me.

The Model Y is the only Tesla with the plastic trim on the wheel arch and rocket panel. Unless this is modded heavily, it will be a Model Y.

Apart from the Model X

Definitely a model Y.

The wheel arch trim is one piece on the Y. The X is two piece. The image originally posted shows the falcon wing doors slightly open.

1683215131580.png

Last edited:
Bit late to the topic.
The wife clipped a couple wheels when I picked up my car.

I bought matte black spray paint from Amazon (£20) and surprisingly did a remarkable job.

I fully detailed the wheels before I applied a thin layer. Let it set for an hour and went over again with another coat.
Really wish I had before photos but if anyone wants "after" photos just let me know.

My plan is to get them properly done in the summer some time.

Have seen many threads about these on here and many seem interested.

I've seen the MagBak rim protectors on Instagram ads numerous times the past few weeks. Specifically, they look designed for UT wheels. It seems like a good idea, but my fear would be them flying off on the highway at high speeds. I've seen that as a common concern and a deterrent to purchasing. Time will tell.

Yeah in my earlier days when I had cars with those horrible cheap wheel covers it wasn’t all that uncommon for them to come off on extreme cornering or a good sized pothole. And those potholes seem to just get worse.

It’s a smart idea and going through the details it seems well designed if not kind of overpriced.

Last edited: