Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current cost of battery pack replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One takeaway may be that babying your batteries may not be that good fur them.
Correlation (with n=1) doesn't equal causation. If there was scientific sensibility behind that maybe we could suggest a causal reason, but that's lacking as well.

Attachments

• Piratesw500.jpg
    Piratesw500.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 98
Does anyone know the current cost of replacement for a Model 3 LR battery pack?
There are some places that can repair it for at least $8,000 if it's not under warranty, such as 057tech.com or Recell-ev.com. Tesla usually costs several thousand more for a repair, and more than that for a brand new main pack. I hope these costs will come down considerably soon, like toward or under $1,000 for a main battery repair service. Of course the best thing is for the batteries to actually last beyond 1 million miles as Tesla has publicly stated that goal. Even so, there will probably be some cases (hopefully highly infrequent) where repairs will be needed for some vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: Hiline
There are some places that can repair it for at least $8,000 if it's not under warranty, such as 057tech.com or Recell-ev.com. Tesla usually costs several thousand more for a repair, and more than that for a brand new main pack. I hope these costs will come down considerably soon, like toward or under $1,000 for a main battery repair service. Of course the best thing is for the batteries to actually last beyond 1 million miles as Tesla has publicly stated that goal. Even so, there will probably be some cases (hopefully highly infrequent) where repairs will be needed for some vehicles.

Thank you for this! After the repair, how long is the pack expected to last?

I don't think Elon Musk ever claimed 1 million miles on a battery - he said 300k-500k miles in the past. I honestly would be perfectly happy if it came in on the low end of this range.

Thank you for this! After the repair, how long is the pack expected to last?

I don't think Elon Musk ever claimed 1 million miles on a battery - he said 300k-500k miles in the past. I honestly would be perfectly happy if it came in on the low end of this range.
057tech.com has a warranty option for at least two years or 25,000 miles. I am not sure about Recell-ev.com.

Reactions: Hiline