Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone waiting with baited breath? Whenever the thread starts to explode with pages is when I'll know the updates came. We had a ton of progress yesterday (or at least it felt like it after Octomageddon). Good luck this morning everyone!!

1628167244415.png

Because it's faster to send cars to west coast and Midwest for fast deliveries to meet the numbers. There are many instances during end of quarter a VIN assigned to east coast customer was removed and assigned to someone in west coast to deliver it faster. Some times, even in east coast during end of quarter they give a day or two to pickup the car. Sometimes hours only. If you can't and they know a order with similar config is waiting at same location they will assign to them.
This is why I fear a late Q3 EDD window like I have now. The fear of getting pushed out / losing a VIN to the west coast (no offense, hoping everyone gets their cars sooner than expected!) and then getting pushed into Q4.

I half-expected an October date anyway when I ordered (I just snuck in with the 'September' EDD group), but I don't want to be set up for false hope if it can be avoided.

On the flip side, I've been an A's and Niners fan since I was kid in the 80's, so the same mantra that I've applied to them over the years also applies here methinks: if you keep low expectations, you'll never be disappointed. :)

My stats:
78 days (2.6 mo) between my 5/15 order and getting VIN on 8/1, 96 days (3.2 mo) from order to planned delivery date on 8/19

My thoughts:
1. EDD whiplashing frustration - i suppose we all have to learn to accept rather than get angry with things we don't have control over. This forum has been much cheaper than hiring a therapist to cope with it all :) - thanks to all my therapists here.
2. The long wait time has saved me money. Initial order was thru Tesla financing at a 2.49% rate. Reading posts on the forum, I heard that some people got a 1.24% rate from DCU.org. I checked it out. A CU in MA that allows membership if you sign up for some local org memberships that are cheap to do. So I signed up and tried an auto loan. The 1.99% rate drops by 0.5% if you do direct deposit and another 0.25% if you are getting a car that is >35mpg, getting you to 1.24%. So this basically will cut my interest cost in half. Took me a month or two to hear about this on the forum and figure it out, so if the Tesla was delivered fast it would have cost me more money. Silver lining? I pass this along in case it might save anyone $. Check out the numbers yourself in case things have changed or I typo'd something.