Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they are even prioritizing higher priced LR too. Mine is a White LR with Induction wheels, 7 seater, white leather, tow hitch ($7k) in addons. I am showing 10/22 - 11/11 EDD and it looks like you should be ahead of me if your profile was completed near your order date.
I had to update my signature, my profile was completed the next day and right now I'm showing 11 Oct - 31 Oct. But I almost feel like that degree of specificity is meaningless, I think it just means I'm going to miss the EOQ rush and be in the first part of the next quarter.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
really basic question here but one that I need to ask for peace of mind. How do you know that your profile is complete? I think the only thing I can do is proof of insurance in it account. I even applied for and got approved to finance pet of it even though I realized after the fact that I shouldn’t have done that until later. Please tell me my profile is complete and that I’m not on hold because of that.

really basic question here but one that I need to ask for peace of mind. How do you know that your profile is complete? I think the only thing I can do is proof of insurance in it account. I even applied for and got approved to finance pet of it even though I realized after the fact that I shouldn’t have done that until later. Please tell me my profile is complete and that I’m not on hold because of that.
If you go into your Tesla account and into your Vehicle page, click on Overview (just below the image of the car). The first two sections (Order and Prepare for Delivery) should be checked. If your state does not require a VIN for insurance, you can go ahead and put that in, but regardless, inputting your insurance information is not required at this stage.

Just picked up my MY from Mt Kisco, NY! Here's the full story:

Ordered MYLR blue exterior, stock everything else on 5/22. Completed profile on 5/23 with an EDD of 7-12 weeks. Did not have an EDD for a week or two. Once I finally received an EDD it stayed constant at 7/21-8/10 for a month. It pushed to September once during end of Q2. Then it changed to 8/10-8/30. During the end of July, the front date of my EDD pushed by one day and the end date stayed constant at 8/21.

Then on 8/1 I received the magical blue button at around 9pm. Upon clicking the blue button, I received my VIN (239xxx). Then my EDD changed to 8/13-8/19. I reached out to my SA on 8/3 following up with my VIN. He said that the delivery team would reach out to me. Delivery team texted and emailed me on 8/6 to schedule my delivery with the window of 8/15-8/17. Picked up the car on the 12 week and 1day of my order. The whole pickup process took about 45 minutes (mainly because I took my time checking the car out and setting it up). I did not upload my insurance until the night before pickup and did not make the payment until I drove off with the car.

The car was in excellent condition. The only issue was that one of the coat hanger was not closing. I let the person helping me know and he said to make an appointment at a later date to have it fixed as it's Sunday and the service center is short staffed. Overall very happy with the car! Having it wrapped and tinted next week!

This wait will be worth it!

Just picked up my MY from Mt Kisco, NY! Here's the full story:

Ordered MYLR blue exterior, stock everything else on 5/22. Completed profile on 5/23 with an EDD of 7-12 weeks. Did not have an EDD for a week or two. Once I finally received an EDD it stayed constant at 7/21-8/10 for a month. It pushed to September once during end of Q2. Then it changed to 8/10-8/30. During the end of July, the front date of my EDD pushed by one day and the end date stayed constant at 8/21.

Then on 8/1 I received the magical blue button at around 9pm. Upon clicking the blue button, I received my VIN (239xxx). Then my EDD changed to 8/13-8/19. I reached out to my SA on 8/3 following up with my VIN. He said that the delivery team would reach out to me. Delivery team texted and emailed me on 8/6 to schedule my delivery with the window of 8/15-8/17. Picked up the car on the 12 week and 1day of my order. The whole pickup process took about 45 minutes (mainly because I took my time checking the car out and setting it up). I did not upload my insurance until the night before pickup and did not make the payment until I drove off with the car.

The car was in excellent condition. The only issue was that one of the coat hanger was not closing. I let the person helping me know and he said to make an appointment at a later date to have it fixed as it's Sunday and the service center is short staffed. Overall very happy with the car! Having it wrapped and tinted next week!

This wait will be worth it!
Congrats!
A general question: so the VIN won’t appear itself unless you click the blue button?
I am asking because I have distill watching that section… 😆

Reactions: CSTARZZ and TESRP
Hmm, you might still hold the record as the oldest order. @THF2021MY technically has an order complete date of June 26. The order isn’t placed in production queue until ordering profile is complete.
In that case, “Where’s my car” is the champion here; my profile completion date was May so
I guess I fall into the May order category…

Congratulations, you must be relieved after the long wait.
I got my VIN 239xxx on 8/1, which is 14 days ago. Given your VIN, does that mean they made 10,000 MYs in 2 weeks time in Cali?
Not sure if they run the plant 7 days a week, but that works out to an average of 714 MYs daily.
Anyone know the real story on their daily numbers?
Really hard to say, because their manufacturing is batched, so there are days without any production and thus no VIN assignments. The other thing is VINs are not produced sequentially, again, due to manufacturing batching.

They’ve produced approximately 250k Model Y in 17 months, so about 15k cars per month on average over the last year and half. Tesla started slow in March 2020, then ramped up production quite rapidly throughout rest of the year, and then slowed back down in Q2 2021 due to supply shortages. Your estimate of 10k cars produced every 2 weeks, or 20k per month seems a little bit high, but probably within reasonable range.

Reactions: TESRP
Hmm, you might still hold the record as the oldest order. @THF2021MY technically has an order complete date of June 26. The order isn’t placed in production queue until ordering profile is complete.
I’m not complaining at all. I bought, used, and sold a new MY SR between February and June 26. I really enjoyed my SR, but the purchase offer was too good to pass up.

Reactions: PatrickTM
If you go into your Tesla account and into your Vehicle page, click on Overview (just below the image of the car). The first two sections (Order and Prepare for Delivery) should be checked. If your state does not require a VIN for insurance, you can go ahead and put that in, but regardless, inputting your insurance information is not required at this stage.
Thanks! I’m good, I just got paranoid after seeing some of the other posts.

Congrats!
A general question: so the VIN won’t appear itself unless you click the blue button?
I am asking because I have distill watching that section… 😆
Yeah VIN will not appear there as that section is covered with Tesla vision confirmation. There was a picture somewhere in this thread of how it looks if you want to dig through. Some people setup distill on complete section and not just EDD.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Thanks - I didn’t know that. Will need to reconfigure my distill then…
Found a picture. This should how it looks on desktop.

T_MY_LR_Update.jpg