Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You inspired me to check the price on my car and WOW it went up about $1500 from a couple months ago. I probably added about 1k miles since my last quote so by this logic... I should drive it around nonstop to add more miles! How much did they inspect the car when you brought it in for the final quote? I have a couple things I want to fix but if they barely check anything maybe I don't have to.

I think I have to pull the trigger on this sale asap. I have my parent's old crappy hyundai I can suffer through until the tesla comes in.
They did spend 15-20 minutes with the car inspecting it, but again it was only 15 months old with barely 3k miles on it….but still to use it for 15 months and make money on it! Sweet…..

Reactions: BitJam
sorry I've been absent the last few days. I just caught up on 20+ pages here.

Congrats to all those who took successful deliveries and congrats to those who got their VIN's before the EOQ!!

I can't believe how much the delivery estimate has exploded on the tesla website. I don't think I would be able to wait 6 months if I were to put my order in now! Hopefully it's a situation of "under estimate, over deliver" once Austin Tesla gets producing!

So far I've put just over 600 miles on my MY, cosmetically it's 99%, I noticed a little gap forming between the front aluminum body panel and the plastic fender arch on both sides of the car. It may have been there when I took delivery but I suspect it could be from stress of the mudflaps scraping over the speed bumps in my neighborhood. Having a WC is the best thing ever, after using the MC for the first week of ownership having full 60amp speed of the WC is wonderful. I experienced one little gremlin a week ago when the car wouldn't recognize my phonekey and asked me to use the keycard. I ended up unlocking from the app and closed all the other background apps on my phone and it started to work as usual so I suspect iphone's may selectively turn off bluetooth when a lot of "crap" is running in the background. Otherwise the car has been great, I am still on the fence as far as which floor mats to get, my wife is insisting on the tesla branded ones, but I am leaning toward 3dmax but can't find a vendor that can promise timely delivery. All in all, loving the experience. We haven't had to get gas for my wife's car since picking up my MY!

Congrats to all those who took successful deliveries and congrats to those who got their VIN's before the EOQ!!

I can't believe how much the delivery estimate has exploded on the tesla website. I don't think I would be able to wait 6 months if I were to put my order in now! Hopefully it's a situation of "under estimate, over deliver" once Austin Tesla gets producing!

So far I've put just over 600 miles on my MY, cosmetically it's 99%, I noticed a little gap forming between the front aluminum body panel and the plastic fender arch on both sides of the car. It may have been there when I took delivery but I suspect it could be from stress of the mudflaps scraping over the speed bumps in my neighborhood. Having a WC is the best thing ever, after using the MC for the first week of ownership having full 60amp speed of the WC is wonderful. I experienced one little gremlin a week ago when the car wouldn't recognize my phonekey and asked me to use the keycard. I ended up unlocking from the app and closed all the other background apps on my phone and it started to work as usual so I suspect iphone's may selectively turn off bluetooth when a lot of "crap" is running in the background. Otherwise the car has been great, I am still on the fence as far as which floor mats to get, my wife is insisting on the tesla branded ones, but I am leaning toward 3dmax but can't find a vendor that can promise timely delivery. All in all, loving the experience. We haven't had to get gas for my wife's car since picking up my MY!
take a look at Tuxmat as well (for me its between 3d Max and Tuxmat) - Tesla mats are not that great (they might just get the job done) but it all comes down to how much protection you need

Reactions: samori01
  • Love
Reactions: Mrkrazyk

I ordered Tesla Shields so I can have them for when I get my Y. Very clean look, just like the 3D Maxpider, but without the logos which I prefer. A little more affordable too. You did mention a “timely” delivery tho, not sure how fast you needed them but I think they’re on back order at least til the end of the month (which at this point is next week).

I am not super +ve about this, just to get over another day while we wait, I come up with theories. My new theory, it's possible they are not going to assign VIN until they load them on trucks/trains or wait till they make it to Texas or any far away place than Fremont. Worst case scenario i.e. they can't arrange transportation, sell it as inventory or deliver to nearby CA locations before 30th in the name of EOQ rush.

I will keep you guys posted, never imagined I will short list my own case for study; for future theories.
Lol. Its annoying, quiet frustrating to be honest not to have any idea what's going on with your car. I sold the car inwas leasing because i got good deal plus my EDD was Sept for longest and didn't change. SA also said it was supposed to leave Fremont earlier this month. Sold my car and literally a day later they pushed me out 1 month. And now don't have a car and no idea when this one coming. Oh well. Wait continues...

Reactions: JeffSanDiego
Still waiting on my car to return from wrap/ppf. In retrospect, I havent seen it yet, but Im not sure it was worth the extension of waiting or not to wait all that time to finally get it and then turn around and wait some more.
At least you have it, in comparison to shifting EDDs......
You know you are getting it back in a day or two (estimates) from the ppf shop. Whereas the rest of us don't know what the heck is even going on! lol.
I have stopped refreshing the order page as it has been stuck on Nov for a few weeks now.
I am focusing on my brother's car now 👿 I may have been hired to do his car's ppf 🤣

At least you have it, in comparison to shifting EDDs......
You know you are getting it back in a day or two (estimates) from the ppf shop. Whereas the rest of us don't know what the heck is even going on! lol.
I have stopped refreshing the order page as it has been stuck on Nov for a few weeks now.
I am focusing on my brother's car now 👿 I may have been hired to do his car's ppf 🤣
A day or two? Haha

I'm on day 14.

I ordered Tesla Shields so I can have them for when I get my Y. Very clean look, just like the 3D Maxpider, but without the logos which I prefer. A little more affordable too. You did mention a “timely” delivery tho, not sure how fast you needed them but I think they’re on back order at least til the end of the month (which at this point is next week).
Thanks for this - just ordered and with discounts turning out to be much cheaper.