Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty much the same with Allstate. But since I / we have to show VIN on a policy, to complete the process and I have a trade-n car, then I will need to carry 3 cars on the policy for couple days. I went through this last year with my MS. But the problem is worse this year as my renewal date is May 1. So on April 29 I have to pay for the 2 car policy. Then if the MY arrives I have to adjust the policy for a third car and pay the difference. Then when I pick up the MY and trade in the Leaf, the policy is adjusted again for two cars and they refund the additional I paid. If I time it right, knowing the pickup date, they will date the policy for the delivery day switch and I only end up paying for the MY and the MS. At least that's how we worked it last year. IMO, unnecessarily complicated, but had Tesla kept my original delivery dates, it would be a simpler process like last year.

BTW I did check with Progressive and USAA for competitive quotes and the saving wasn't worth it. Allstate gives me lots of discounts that I would lose.

I'm going to wait until delivery day. Ultimately I don't want to be in the same situation where I have to have both cars listed on my policy. Once I have delivery scheduled then I'll setup the swap for that date.
I would imagine that Progressive is much more difficult with timing changes. At least with Allstate, I can go to a local office / agent and they work with me while I wait. Can't complain about how tolerant they are. BTW- the setup had to be done the day before scheduled pickup so I had to have the policy papers in hand when I went to Tesla that morning. Payment of the 2 policy premium had to be made within 24 hours. The agent had my CC# and I just verified the pickup swap went off OK. I don't know how this will work this year with the renewal date so close.

my MYP delivery has been moved all over the place. Ordered Apr 8 and was originally given Apr 27 - May 27. Monday changed to June 1-30. Today changed to May 11 - June 10. Cutting it pretty close with my current lease expiring on June 8.

I would imagine that Progressive is much more difficult with timing changes. At least with Allstate, I can go to a local office / agent and they work with me while I wait. Can't complain about how tolerant they are. BTW- the setup had to be done the day before scheduled pickup so I had to have the policy papers in hand when I went to Tesla that morning. Payment of the 2 policy premium had to be made within 24 hours. The agent had my CC# and I just verified the pickup swap went off OK. I don't know how this will work this year with the renewal date so close.
I actually had to change from Geico to Wawanesa(Didnt bother with Tesla since i still have the Prius Prime), since my rates were going up due to a freak hydroplane of the prime in December. I let them know a few days before of the pickup date, then after pickup I called and cancelled Geico.

I originally planned on inventory purchase too but the ones that we liked were all older build with the older ctr console. SA said to wait until after 4/1 but I thought there would be a price increase so I ordered on 3/27. Now I wait. No big deal so far. Eventually it will get here and by some dumb luck, maybe they update the headlights which has much higher probability than the Congress passing the tax credits. :D

Reactions: KingOfJericho
Looks like it's really happening, car should be here in the next few days.

recap of history:

4/10 10:23
Order placed, filled out registration info etc

4/10
Estimated Delivery: May 02 - May 22

4/10 04:34:
Estimated Delivery: April 11 - April 24

4/10 16:33
Estimated Delivery: April 12 - April 24

4/12 02:14
Estimated Delivery: April 13- April 24

4/12 14:23
Estimated Delivery: April 14 - April 24

4/13 04:33
Estimated Delivery: April 14 - April 25

4/13 07:03
Estimated Delivery: 6 - 10 weeks from order placed date

4/13 15:13
VIN assigned
Estimated Delivery: April 15 - April 17

4/13 18:13
Estimated Delivery: April 14 - April 17

4/14 08:49
Got a text that they will drop off MY in the next 1-3 days, was able to get Tesla insurance quote, paid for everything and setup auto-pay. Contract will be ready for signature tomorrow.

Yup I'm in a similar boat! Just got my VIN assigned around 12pm, but the estimate was the 1-10 weeks type. As of about 1pm I got a 6 day window!
TSLAMY_DelivEst_4_14_21_1_00_PM.png

Reactions: _ayn
Ya, I was gonna get all black, we've had black cars in the last 15 years, but I don't want the bigger wheels and performance for various reasons, and I think the 19" look better on white MYs, so went with white with the white seats (wifey loved the white seats in the MY we test drove, so put the 1k I saved on paint to the seats lol), I guess we got lucky that they've been making white cars. A friend ordered a white 7-seater and the window also moved up to 4/30-5/20, still much longer than 5-seaters but I guess not bad.

The other thing to consider is that all the earlier VIN assignments are for the west coast; I have seen maybe 2 for the eastern coast so far. This holds in line with what folks were saying: that west coast deliveries happen the first month and then the rest are geared towards the east coast and Canada. Hopefully there's some logic to this!