Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Contacted my store today about my order, ordered 3/27, no VIN assigned, and new delivery estimate 6/4-6/24. Problem is that I’ll be unavailable from 6/15-6/30 to accept delivery. They said couldn’t do anything to move me up, but said that about 15% of deliveries to their store are deposits that end up backing out due to funding, etc. Has anyone else heard this stat and/or experienced this? Unfortunately found out if my car is delivered in the 2nd half of June, then I don’t have a ton of options other than go back in line. Having someone else accept delivery, or home delivery with me unavailable aren’t viable options.
That is a really crappy answer from Tesla. You wait for 3 months for a car and they can’t wait 2 weeks?!? That is pure insanity and completely unacceptable.

Back and forth, and this started on 3/28, hell I just want a vin because my pre approval expires on June 12th.....c'mon Tesla

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210429-200444__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210429-200444__01.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20210426-063819__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210426-063819__01.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20210429-061841__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210429-061841__01.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 52
Contacted my store today about my order, ordered 3/27, no VIN assigned, and new delivery estimate 6/4-6/24. Problem is that I’ll be unavailable from 6/15-6/30 to accept delivery. They said couldn’t do anything to move me up, but said that about 15% of deliveries to their store are deposits that end up backing out due to funding, etc. Has anyone else heard this stat and/or experienced this? Unfortunately found out if my car is delivered in the 2nd half of June, then I don’t have a ton of options other than go back in line. Having someone else accept delivery, or home delivery with me unavailable aren’t viable options.
They are very serious about delivering before the end of the quarter. I got burned the same way. Your strategy is in line though. Ask your SA to try and match you with existing inventory but also keep your order. Whichever comes first.Youll be early June though.

Back and forth, and this started on 3/28, hell I just want a vin because my pre approval expires on June 12th.....c'mon Tesla
I wasn't even going to apply for a loan as of now cos my delivery date was for june. My SA called yesterday saying that they are matching cars and I need to complete my profile(including payment info) to get a VIN assigned sooner. Well I applied for the loan and got approved. Loan approval is till 5/30 and delivery date got pushed further into june. I called him today to check and he said oh if your delivery date is june then you'll get the delivery in june.

Well wth did you ask me to apply for financing now itself then! Their process is very unclear.

I'm really pissed off about this. I have a good credit score and would like to keep it that way by avoiding these extra credit hits. Hopefully I get an earlier delivery like few others reported on this thread.

Reactions: omegafiler
Same boat here. A couple days ago, I was given April 21 - May 19 to June 4 for delivery dates. Yesterday and today, it has now been bouncing around May 1 - June 5 to 25 time frame. I'm now beginning to wonder if these proposed dates have any fact or just something to keep us hoping. (Ordered April 14th in NY)

Same boat here. A couple days ago, I was given April 21 - May 19 to June 4 for delivery dates. Yesterday and today, it has now been bouncing around May 1 - June 5 to 25 time frame. I'm now beginning to wonder if these proposed dates have any fact or just something to keep us hoping. (Ordered April 14th in NY)
Edit: On April 21st, given May 19 to June 4. April 30, given June 4 to 28. On May 1st, given June 5 to 25.

I gotta know more about this. Did the SA find one for you? Was it just luck that you called him as it was about to be assigned? Was there an error on Tesla’s part and you had been overlooked? What was the conversation like with the SA??
Not exactly sure what happened, but don’t think he found one for me... I told him that my estimated delivery date according to the website is May 2-8, but still don’t have a VIN. He checked in the system and told me that he sees a VIN and that they’re supposed to get the car on Wednesday, May 5 and that he’ll be ready to deliver anytime on the 7th. Within 5 minutes I got an email from an Operations Advisor with details about the delivery and what I need to bring with me. Also, after the call when I refreshed Tesla’s website, I no longer saw an estimated delivery date, but an actual delivery date and my VIN was there. I guess the SA had to click on something on his end...

Reactions: swheat6345
Then again..anyone can get lucky. I know of someone in my area who ordered MYLR last week and took delivery 4 days later...so who knows...
This typically only happens when your configuration matches exactly with another new vehicle nearby that somehow did not end up in the hands of a prospective customer. Reasons include failing to qualify for financing, rejecting delivery, or simply changing one’s mind.