Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a robo call with "Tesla" as the caller ID. It sounded exactly like the scam calls for the first few seconds - a long silence without anyone talking, then all in a sudden a computer voice started to talk. It turned out to be yet another reminder and confirmation for my delivery tomorrow. This is a good relief given a few folks mentioned getting phone calls from Tesla only to find car will not be ready for delivery.

Reactions: elguapo and BitJam
Just for a data point...I don't have a trade in, got the text about adding one yesterday, and do NOT have a VIN today...at least not yet. Still sitting at July 19-Aug 8 where I have been for weeks. no signature yet, so as a reminder, I ordered 5/15 and completed profile 5/17.
I wonder if it was a widespread text, i got the identical text yesterday as well. Did anyone else?

Reactions: WDW1014
What was your tire pressure? I’m planning to do some experiments (took delivery yesterday) e.g. 40psi for in-town driving and saving 44psi for road trips.
fronts were at 42 and rears 43. I didn't adjust them given it was a loaner for test drive. I also noticed several times the steering would shake specifically above 65mph. It wasn't an alert system or anything, actual physical shaking due to tire position, speed etc.

fronts were at 42 and rears 43. I didn't adjust them given it was a loaner for test drive. I also noticed several times the steering would shake specifically above 65mph. It wasn't an alert system or anything, actual physical shaking due to tire position, speed etc.
Thats a tire balance problem. Just let them know when you turn it in so they can put the wheels on a road balancer. Either that or someone smashed into a pot hole and bent the rim...

Okay, time for fun speculation that will pay off late tonight and keep our minds of continued Y delays.

Who thinks there will be an announcement (aside from FSD) relating specifically to the Model Y at the Plaid event tonight?

I will go first. I think no. Sole focus on Plaids, S/X refresh specifics and maybe FSD.
I'm with you - I'm not expecting any 3/Y announcements. I think they'll stay focused on the new S and (maybe) Tesla Vision. That being said, I really hope they announce the official pricing and availability for the FSD subscriptions. As someone who is leasing their new Y and is scheduled for delivery next week, those details will really help me make the decision about paying the $10k or not.

I'm with you - I'm not expecting any 3/Y announcements. I think they'll stay focused on the new S and (maybe) Tesla Vision. That being said, I really hope they announce the official pricing and availability for the FSD subscriptions. As someone who is leasing their new Y and is scheduled for delivery next week, those details will really help me make the decision about paying the $10k or not.
How long is your lease for? I can't even imagine paying $10k for only 3 or 4 years with the car.

Reactions: elguapo
I share your sentiment. I love Apple products, but I am not an "Apple Fanboy". I like the innovation and familiar UI/UX. I feel the same way about Tesla. I just built an all electric house and it was a no brainer to finally pull the trigger on a MY. Zero emission really resonates with me and the performance of the car is highly unmatched, especially in the price range it sits. I like the car, not too keen on "all things Elon", I'm here for the vehicle.

I'm really trying to keep myself from getting too excited about delivery, but this is my first car purchase (I had a lease in 2016 and have been driving a "retired" family car for two years while I waited for the right time to pull the trigger.

I am very anxious about the whole process, the ambiguity and the variances of experiences by so many of you. I was a History major so learning as much as possible is my natural instinct and this is the first time I've truly been overwhelmed by inconsistencies in a contained and established organization like Tesla.

On top of this, my experiences thus far and research is compounded by the fact that I live in Texas and they cannot "directly" sell me my MY. I'm not defeated or turned off at this point, however it is becoming quite overwhelming and I would be extremely disappointed if my Delivery Day is anything but positively memorable. I've been waiting to purchase this car for about 2.5 years now, and I want this to be a special day.

Maybe I'm just young and naive...
i'm totally with you. spending $75k+ on a car should be a smooth & pleasant experience and not be filled with so many doubts & concerns not just about order process, delivery day check offs, but also long term concerns. If it weren't for the ease this car would provide for my daily commute, I would totally order a 2022 Corvette instead. I know both cars are total opposites, but those were the two wife & I were interested in.

Reactions: dsandhu and iratre
I am leasing also. I would not add FSD to the car. Wait until the subscriptions come out. That way you will be able to use that on a future Tesla. Once you add FSD to that lease it’s stuck with that car.

Reactions: casey1202
I am going to suggest that if you cannot receive your June delivery at the end of month, you can buy TSLA stock which means they are for sure in high demand. When you are waiting for your delivery, you can earn extra money. Disclaimer: Not financial advice.

• Funny
Reactions: smophiee
Yikes, running into an issue with getting a Insurance ID card. Delivery is not scheduled yet, EDD is 6/22-6/30. SA said I should expect closer to 6/23-6/24. I had insurance company add the car to policy with effective date 6/22 but the system cannot produce an ID card prior to effective date. Progressive Insurance. Is it okay to wait the until the day prior to delivery to upload insurance paperwork in TX? Will the system let me schedule a delivery without insurance info being uploaded?

Yikes, running into an issue with getting a Insurance ID card. Delivery is not scheduled yet, EDD is 6/22-6/30. SA said I should expect closer to 6/23-6/24. I had insurance company add the car to policy with effective date 6/22 but the system cannot produce an ID card prior to effective date. Progressive Insurance. Is it okay to wait the until the day prior to delivery to upload insurance paperwork in TX? Will the system let me schedule a delivery without insurance info being uploaded?
I have progressive as well and told them to just add it to policy to show proof of insurance and they will send you a document that you can send to Tesla.