Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have all kind of come to the conclusion that the EDDs are pointless, but I would have to disagree with that. They are there and shift back and forth so they can sell the existing inventory. Because I am really tempted to pull the trigger, but spending this kind of money I really don't want to give on the features I ordered and want less than 100 miles on the car.

Also my son would be super mad if we didn't get blue, he already named the car Optimus.

We have all kind of come to the conclusion that the EDDs are pointless, but I would have to disagree with that. They are there and shift back and forth so they can sell the existing inventory. Because I am really tempted to pull the trigger, but spending this kind of money I really don't want to give on the features I ordered and want less than 100 miles on the car.

Also my son would be super mad if we didn't get blue, he already named the car Optimus.
You are absolutely right. They shift EDDs right before they release a ton of demo vehicles to push sales. It's obnoxious, but effective... looking at a similar spec to mine right now and am tempted.

- This one isn't a big deal either but it bothers me.... some sort of spray cleaner or something was sprayed in the interior, and not properly wiped up. The effect is as if someone opened a can of soda and the soda fizzed up and shot droplets of soda everywhere. It was all over the console and passenger side seat. It wiped up fairly easy with a towel and water, but come on man. That's just lazy not giving a crap about your work and other people's stuff.

Edit: Added picture of "soda fizz". Its only a partial picture there was a lot more of that on the seat and scattered around.
Looks like the Tesla Delivery Center “professional detailers” are at it again! Haha congrats on the car, glad it’s just the little stuff… but yes, certainly annoying :)

Ugh. This sounds like AP2 when I picked up my Model X in 2017. Looks like I am in for another round of testing.
Hmm, I wonder if the last 4+ years of AP/FSD fleet learning has been quite reliant on radar data, and now it needs to re-baseline to TV/PV. You’d think it would be erring on the side of caution rather than aggressive driving. Still doesn’t fully explain why it’s plunging toward sharp corners at high speeds though, since there’s GPS data available to help determine cornering speeds.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
honestly, I wouldn't mind paying $5-$10k "down" today to lock in a delivery date in the future that Tesla will honor but there's no way I'd pay the full amount today.

And it's a pretty crappy revenue push when they don't even update the order page to make the "final payment"
agreed here. website says that I am to have delivery by end of June and I did get the same email. But I am not paying until I am standing in front of the car ready to drive off the lot.

Took delivery yesterday, VA, Tysons.

No major issues. Panels and Paint were almost perfect. Some slight.. as in maybe < half a centimeter alignment issues near the hatchback, but both sides were identically mis-aligned. It's so minor I could only tell by practically putting my nose next to it. I'll never see it again unless i go looking for it.

Minor Issues:
- Rear hatchback/trunk space side wall plastic was not snapped together properly. Fixed by...snapping it together properly. Not really an issue.
- Failure to completely clear all the plastic wrap off the passenger side window trim. Annoying lack of attention to detail.
- The plastic corners of the front two side (driver and passenger) windows. Corners nearest the front windshield. There is a plastic piece there. It seems loose and can be easily pulled back from the window about 1-3cm. It was the same for the model Y next to mine, so it seems like a "working as designed", or a really common flaw. It's not really a big deal, but i feel like the thing shouldn't have that much give.
- This one isn't a big deal either but it bothers me.... some sort of spray cleaner or something was sprayed in the interior, and not properly wiped up. The effect is as if someone opened a can of soda and the soda fizzed up and shot droplets of soda everywhere. It was all over the console and passenger side seat. It wiped up fairly easy with a towel and water, but come on man. That's just lazy not giving a crap about your work and other people's stuff.

Edit: Added picture of "soda fizz". Its only a partial picture there was a lot more of that on the seat and scattered around.
Looks great! Thanks for the updates & congrats on the delivery! Whats your VIN?

Does anyone know if they honor your current MSRP if you order a demo and already have a reservation (holding from April order with $1,500 price difference)?
I *think* so. But you need to have your SA make the switch. If you use "Buy it now" then it will be a second order on top of your first one. Here a bunch of demo cars arrived around midnight. I used "Buy it now" because a) I ordered at the current prices, and b) I was pretty sure that if I waited to hear back from an SA then the car would be gone before they acted. So for me the cost of "Buy it now" was only $100.

I suggest you contact your SA. After I did they sent a text message asking me to confirm I would accept a demo car and what colors and features I would accept. This allowed them to get a demo car for me. But I ended up using "Buy it now" around midnight.

I am interested to see where my car is too! So what is this inactive SIM thing?
Someone posted a few days ago that sometimes the factory doesn't activate the SIM card in the car. So they are not able to GPS track the car because it does not have any data services active.
Either that or bad reception for the cell service if your car is on the bottom of the truck or train car blocking signal... Im hoping that one of those two is what's affecting my car because the SA and DA are not able to GPS locate my car and have not been since I was assigned my VIN over a week ago now...