Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i know everyone here is saying don’t make final payment until you get to car, I agree. My question is, does the online payment work right there in parking lot (I have chase bank) or am i better to bring a cashiers check?
bring a cashiers check with the final amount thats due at closing. The final contract aka purchase agreement. It is emailed out the day before delivery. It includes state tax if your state collects it etc. They'll take the check when you signed for the delivery after doing your inspection.

Reactions: Braveman
Update on my MYLR, 20", FSD, no Hitch, White/Black:
1) Ordered 06/15
2) Talked to SA, he promised an early delivery.
3) 06/18 - EDD June 19 - June 30 , No VIN assigned
4) 06/19 - EDD moved to Sep. Called SA, he asked me to ignore EDD and that I should get my car soon.
5) 06/20 - VIN assigned. Got the text from Tesla that they will deliver my vehicle on 06/22. I have to make final payment which I will not until I see my car. I never opted for home delivery so not sure why they are delivering to home.

Anybody got the same experience?
So I still have hope since my EDD shows September? My SA also said to ignore the dates. Ordered May 8.

5) 06/20 - VIN assigned. Got the text from Tesla that they will deliver my vehicle on 06/22. I have to make final payment which I will not until I see my car. I never opted for home delivery so not sure why they are delivering to home.

I'm paying $750 to have the car shipped 600 miles to my home. I was told I needed to either pay for the car before shipping or I can go and pick up it at the Service Center.

Maybe they want to deliver it to your home because they are swamped at the SC so it's easier for them to deliver the cars to homes that are nearby. Were they clear they were delivering it to your home? Maybe they meant it will be delivered to the SC. There was also a bogus "make final payment" notice that went out to everyone.

Can you actually "feel" a difference? It seems like such a small boost that you wouldn't even notice. Did it change your top speed at all?

LOL I have totally been thinking of it! I just can't decide if its enough of a difference to notice and make me feel like it was worth it...
Yes you can absolutely tell the difference, especially between 25-60+mph...No idea on top speed as I am not interested in driving 130mph on public roads

Anyone taking delivery of MYP lately? Did you get the new headlights? I have 209578, picking up Friday.
MYP received new headlights early on? It was the MYLR that had the older headlights after the first refresh if I'm not mistaken? I heard that some new orders for MYLR come with new headlights, however, I don't recall at what VIN that began?

1) Ordered 06/15
4) 06/19 - EDD moved to Sep. Called SA, he asked me to ignore EDD and that I should get my car soon.

Imagine posting in a thread where everyone has been waiting months not weeks to be assigned a vin in 5 days 😂 I can’t complain I order June 3rd no vin.

1) Ordered 06/15

How is it possible your car is ready before mine or anybody elses? We and alot of us ordered way before your dates and how is that yours is already here?

Reactions: rmoffitt321
1) Ordered 06/15

I'm almost in the 4th step, no VIN yet, EDD moved from June 18-30 to July and September. Now its back to July

How is it possible your car is ready before mine or anybody elses? We and alot of us ordered way before your dates and how is that yours is already here?
I had no idea all we had to do was call our SA and have them promise us an early delivery. I will never understand Estimated Delivery Dates, they are very misleading and unhelpful. I am happy for everyone who gets their car earlier than expected, I just wish we all had the same experience.